Familia Myth

"I'm not part of a familia".

With these words coming out of my mouth, I watched as one by one the members of the Loki Familia's jaws dropped. As expected.

After a few seconds of awkward silence, Finn spoke up.

" You went into the dungeon, without a falna, and further more went down to floor five".

He didn't say it as a question, but as a statement.

"Yes".

"What were you thinking?"

"I don't know. I had run out of money to stay at inns. I needed money and didn't want to stoop to supporter scamming so..."

I knew this was me trying to justify something stupid I had done.

"So you went into the dungeon. You could have died. You nearly did die".

I looked down in shame. I had been saying these same things to myself all day.

"Who is your dungeon adviser, Bell?"

I didn't even look up to answer.

"I don't have one".

Finn simply sighed. Then he laughed. I wasn't expecting it, and it made me flinch. Everyone looked at him like he was insane. I didn't lift my head.

" Well then Bell. How about I see if I could get you into the Loki Familia?" I felt my ears perk up, and then my brain digested what Finn had just said. He had offered me a spot in one of the most well known and powerful Familias ever. I slowly lifted my head, looking at Finn, who was smiling at me.

"Finn, I'm nobody. I have almost nothing to may name. I have the clothes I'm wearing and two dull blades. I have little to no experience. Why would you do that?"

Then Bete spoke up.

"Yeah Finn! Why would you do that?! Look at the kid! He's frail and weak! He had to be saved! Why would we let this kid join us?!

As much as I disliked why Bete was saying, he was right.

"Because I've grown to like you, Bell. Also, there is something about you. A sort of heros mark. You ran out of money and wouldn't have been able to survive, you had been rejected by many familias, and instead of giving up you headed to the dungeon, knowing full well that you could die. Either you're a fool and a half, or your type of person who would never give up".

As each of Finns words hit me, I felt myself grow happier and happier. But there was something else, too.

" Didn't you say that you could see? Isn't it up to the goddess?"

"Yes, but I could get her to crack".

I had to breath for a second to keep from crying.

" Really? You'd do that for me?"

"Of course Bell! After all, we are family now!"

Hey hey. Another chapter done. Well ladies and gents, as of writing this we have about 130 views. I'm not going to update every time this story gets more views, but for real, thanks. Ill update tomorrow at some point, or at least try. Also, for those (two) people wondering when this will become Ais x Bell, relax. Right now I'm going with Bell has feelings but is ashamed of what happened his first time in the dungeon. We'll explore more about that tomorrow. But for now, as always, Peace