Babel

After grabbing my brown and black jacket, Ais and I set off. I hadn't tried to purchase any gear in Orario yet, for obvious reasons, so I didnt know where to get gear. So I asked.

"So Ais, where would we go get gear?"

Ais responded without even looking at me.

"The Hephaistous Familia had placed across Orario, varying in prices and gear quality. We are going to Babel, the tower above the dungeon. The gear there is the best in the city, but also the most expensive".

"Ummm... Ais?"

"Yes?"

"I dont have money".

"I know. I'm paying for all of it".

"You don't have to do that".

She gave me a look.

"I know. I want to".

That made my chest feel funny again. Same as how I had felt earlier.

"But first, we are going to get you registered with the guild".

A few minutes later, we were at the guild registration center. After meeting with my new supervisor, Eina, we got everything set up and left. Eina seemed nice enough. A few minutes after leaving the registration center, we were in the heart of Babel.

I was way cooler than what I expected. I expected basic weaponry and, more specifically, overpriced basic weaponry. I saw armour stands with heavy armour, I saw great swords with rubys and jewels, staves with strange orbs, light armour, clothing that doubled as armour, swords that could be summoned from nowhere. It was so cool.

"So Bell. What are you looking for?"

I though for a second. Maybe a great sword? Then I cleared that from my mind. I knew what I wanted. Knives and light armour.

"Knives and light armour".

She led me through some of the stands, showing me stuff I might be interested in. Eventually, I found some light armour made by the same person who made Ais' armour. It took quite a while longer to find some suitable blades. Eventually, We just went back to Ais' blacksmith and ordered some custom blades, which we were told would take about 2 days to get back to us. We thanked the blacksmith and went back to the manor. The armour I got was full white for most of the pieces and some of the pieces were full red. The armour didnt cover any of my joints, and was very lightweight while offering great protection. It looked quite good and, while expensive, was well worth it. We decided to wait a few days until I got my blades to started actual training. After that decision was made, Ais decided to give me a tour of Orario. The only place we didnt actually enter was a place Ais called "The Entertainment District". I could basically guess where that led. After exploring the city, we went back to the manor and ate dinner. Everyone was in high spirits after the executives got back from the dungeon. I was exhausted after dinner so I went to my new room, and quickly passed out on my bed.

Heyya fellas. How do you do. I finally decided what to do with Bells character. He is going to be more stoic. He isnt so trusting in my version of the story. He is still kind and will go out of his way to help people, even strangers, but isnt as open and trusting. There will be an explanation later on in the story. Anyways, as always, Peace