The Dungeon

By the time we had left the manor, we had a party consisting of Bete, Tione, Tiona, Finn, Riveria, Garath, Lefiya, and of course, Ais and myself. First Tiona had wanted to tag along, and of course her sister had too, and when Finn, Riveria, Lefiya and Garath saw us, they said they would tag along. Bete tagged along to be Bete. So off to the dungeon we went, with a full party of high level adventurers.

It took about ten minutes to be to the dungeon. I was in a good mood, which seemed to be shared by the rest of the party. We had been talking about the plan during the walk. They would sit back and let me fight, to assess my abilities. Then at the 6th floor, we'd stop and just get me acquainted with the upper floors. Riveria and Finn had explained to me that we were doing this because for at least the first few weeks, depending on how well I did, the upper floors would be where I spent most of my time in the dungeon. I hadn't complained, being happy with the chance to finally get to properly explore the dungeon.

Since Ais and I had already gone through the process of getting me set up with the guild, we were allowed excess into the dungeon, no questions asked. This was not how I got into the dungeon last time. I had to sneak around the guards posted there by the Ganesha Familia and the guild.

On the first floor, we went over the plan again. Don't do anything too stupid, be careful, know your limits, that kind of stuff. Of course I had no intention of holding back at all. After going through all the boring stuff, it was finally time for me to begin my first "adventure."

The first floor was easy to conquer. I was able to kill goblins with ease. As well as cobalds and the other low level monsters there. The second floor also posed no threat to me. Same for third and forth floors. The monsters didn't start to oppose me until floor five, and even then they didn't survive a single swipe from my blades. Floor six was much of the same, clearing out the floor without any issues. It was exhilarating  The only thing that could begin to cause me trouble were war shadows. I encountered a pack of them, and it took quite a bit to get out of that one. After fully clearing out the sixth floor, Riveria spoke to me, the first time anyone had for the entire day.

"Bell?..."

She spoke softly as though she were speaking to a young child. She put a hand on my shoulder and I flinched. I didn't even know why I flinched.

"Are you okay?"

I didn't know why she was so concerned about me, but I answered anyway.

"I'm fine. Why?"

She seemed to calm down after me answering her.

"You..."

She seemed to be looking for her words.

"You went on a rampage. We tried to wake you from it but you wouldn't respond to any if us."

I didn't understand what she was talking about. I didn't remember going on a rampage.

"I don't know what you mean. I don't remember going on a rampage."

"Bell, look at your hands."

I looked down and saw my hands were red and raw. Before I had a chance to ask what happened, Riveria answered for me.

"You haven't been using your blades. You've been killing all the monsters with your bare hands, at times even using you hands like claws."

I looked over at the rest of the party. Most of them were looking at me with concern. Except Ais. She had a look of... understanding? I couldn't quite place it. I decided to ask her at a later time. Riveria spoke up.

"We have an expedition tomorrow. Lets go home and get rested. You aren't going Bell, but you've been clearing the floors for quite a while now."

I nodded numbly, and started walking home.

Ho ho... You come closer? How are y'all doing? I know its been about a week since the last update, and I apologize. Schools been tough getting back into the routine. Ill try and have an update within the next few days, probably before Monday. I have the next chapter planned out already. Anyway, until next time, Peace