𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲.

𝐙𝐲𝐦𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐫
☔︎︎
    𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞, 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

"Keep shooting," I told Jordan, one of the basketball players on my team as he missed three shots in a row.

"Bruh," multiple boys on the team sighed as he missed again. The line wouldn't move until he made a shot.

"Bro, dribble the ball first," one of the players from the middle of the line instructed him. He looked back, doing what Keondre advised. The shot went in, causing them to all sigh in unison. He then tossed the ball back to the next person in line and ran towards the back.

Today was Saturday, which meant extra skill practice--optional practice. The sound of the door opening made me look over at it. Ron walked in holding his backpack. I looked down at my Apple Watch, checking the time. "You're 40 minutes late." Although the practice was optional if they were coming they needed to be on time.

"I know," he scratched his head, walking towards the benches. "I just got off work," he announced while dropping his backpack.

"Go home."

"Huh? Why?"

"Go home, get rest."

"Nah, I'm cool. I can practice." I looked at him as he got a place in line.

"Dawg, go home. You smell just like chicken," Marcus chuckled, turning to look at him.

"Yea bitch, I work at KFC."

"I would've went home."

"We two different people," Ron shrugged.

The door opened again and this time I looked over at it, watching as Nia walked in, holding Moe's hands. She still had scrubs on, letting me know she hadn't got off work too long ago. Moe made eye contact with me and began to try and run over, but she stopped him, picking him up. When she made her way close enough to me, she let him down while smiling. "It's nice in here."

"Thank you," I said while picking Moe up. "Wassup man?"

"Soo...what you got them doing?" She asked while looking over at them, watching as they shot the ball.

"Practicing shooting for right now till the line is complete."

"Mmm. Most of them are tall as hell."

I chuckled, "they almost grown."

"Why don't you got any music playing for them? So quiet," she looked up at me, chuckling.

"Right! We bored coach."

"Music? They practicing," my eyebrows scrunched in confusion. "Y'all want music?"

"Yea," "Nah." It was about 50/50.

"See," I chuckled, looking back at her. "Moe tell her I know what I'm doing."

He nodded his head, making us both laugh. "Whatever," she leaned over, grabbing a ball, dribbling it. "Let's play when practice over."

I chuckled, "Ight. It's only about 20 minutes left."

"Ok," she said while continuing to dribble the ball.

"Ight, play a game to end it, y'all know y'all usual teams for practice."

-

I dribbled the ball back in between my legs, watching as Zinnia tried to guard me. I moved my foot and she moved right with me. I could easily beat her, but I was taking it easy on her. "Come onn," she whined, moving forward, trying to get the ball from me.