𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

𝐙𝐲𝐦𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐫
☔︎︎
𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞, 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

"Could you just bring her over here, please?" My dad asked with a low tone over the phone.

I typed on my keyboard, finishing the sentence in the email before responding. "No."

"Son...I'm asking you to just drop her off. I miss my wife. I wanna apologize to her."

"She's over it," I responded, shaking my head. I'd been going back and forth with him for three minutes now.

"Over it? The hell you mean she over it."

"You abusing her."

"What? I never abused Isidra," he replied defensively. "You don't know what you're talking about."

"Hitting her is abuse."

I heard him sigh into the phone, "I only hit her a couple of times--"

"Man, she's done! She's ready to move on with her life. Let her go." At this point, I was ready to hang up the phone. I didn't understand what he wasn't getting.

"I just wanna apologize. If she doesn't want to be with me after that... I'll let her be," he spoke lowly. His voice had a sad tone to it, but I paid it no mind.

"I'm not bringing her over there. If she wants to talk to you, she'll have to go by herself."

"Are you going to tell her that I want to speak to her?"

I thought about it for a while before replying with, "sure."

"Cleome mentioned to me that you have a girlfriend, were you gonna tell me?"

"Yea, I was going to introduce you two at Cleo's store opening--"

"But I didn't show, eh?"

"Right. You didn't show up to your daughter's grand opening," I said, wanting him to feel the gravity of that.

"I've already apologized to my daughter about that. My son is not about to try and make me feel worse," he stated with authority.

"Would you like to meet, Zinnia? Or no?" I questioned, rolling my eyes. I had no comment for what he previously said.

"Zinnia? That's your girlfriend, huh? Wow two Z's. Yes, I would like to meet her."

"Okay, I'll let you know when she's free."

"So from what I'm hearing, she's a busy woman? Hard working? Tell me more."

Sighing, I decided to go ahead and answer his questions. "Yea, she's a nurse. She also spends most of her time with her son when she's off. Anything else you wanna know?"

"Oh, a kid...glad to know she at least takes care of him. Yes, are you two the same age? Do you mind her son? You see a future with her?"

"I'm older than her by three years--"

"Oh, that's not bad."

"Mhmm. If I minded her son, I'm 100% sure she wouldn't be talking to me, but nah, I don't. I love him. I see a future with her."

There was no way that Zinnia would still be with me if I mistreated Moriah, I knew it.

"You love her son?"

"Yea...I do."

"Y'all talked about having your own kids? Or does she not want anymore?" He interrogated nosily.