𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

𝐎𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭
☔︎︎
𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞,𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

Zymeir held Moriah on his lap as he looked at the apartments Deshawn searched for the night before. "This in Morrel Park, over thirty minutes away from your school," Zymeir informed the young man, shaking his head. That apartment was too far.

"Oh. I looked at some other ones," Deshawn quickly said, feeling kind of dumb.

"Did you wanna move to a different town or sum'?" Zymeir asked, trying to figure out how he would've missed the location.

Shaking his head immediately, Deshawn denied Zymeir's question. "Nah, I just searched 'apartments' on this website," he shrugged, pulling up the next place. That was true, he didn't wanna move far. In fact, he wanted to stay relevantly close to his family.

"Oh, what's wrong?" Zymeir asked Moriah as he began to whine.

"Hot," Moriah announced while slipping off of his lap. The look on Moriah's face read discomfort, so Zymeir began to help him remove the coat.

After taking the coat off of his small body, Moe went back to his placement on Zymeir's lap with his iPad while Zymeir was trying to figure out why the coat was radiating so much heat. He could feel the warmth. After little searching, he soon found the heating pad that was in the back of the coat. It was gonna be awfully cold today, so Zinnia had placed it in his coat just in case Zymeir forgot his pocket warmers. "Mama was trying to keep you warm," he chuckled, placing the coat next to him.

"I never knew you had kids," Deshawn pointed out, seeing how Zymeir interacted with Moriah.

Zymeir's head slightly tilted as he thought of what to say. Technically he wasn't Moriah's dad, but he was his fatherly figure in his life. "Yea, this my girl son, but I love him like he's mine," he spoke confidently in his response.

"Oh, that's what's up. This the next place," Deshawn said, pushing the laptop closer to Zymeir. Looking over the two bedroom apartment, Zymeir didn't see a problem with it. It was ten minutes away from his school and the sizing was perfect for him--800 square feet.

"This the one you want?"

"Yea."

"Ight," he clicked a button on the computer, making a screen pop up for approval and apartment viewing. After filling out all the information needed, he closed the screen then passed the small laptop back over to Deshawn. "The website claims they'll call me when the application goes through."

"Alright." Tapping the table, Deshawn couldn't help, but to look at all the people who were working on papers on the computers in the library. He wanted to thank his coach again, but he'd already done it five times. It shocked him at how fast Zymeir was able to tell him he could help get him an apartment.

"Book?" Moe asked with his eyebrows raised attentively. His mouth was slightly gaped and his big brown eyes were opened widely.

"Yea, a book. We can get a book if you want one. You want one?" His eyes fell on Sol who was explaining to Moe how the library had hundreds of books and how books helped you learn. "They have Paw Patrol books, Mickey Mouse, cars, all kinds." Nodding his head, Moe was now excited to check out a book to read. "Ok, we'll look in a second."

"Oh, yea! I applied for two jobs last night too. They should be getting back to me soon."

Zymeir nodded his head, happy to hear that. "That's good, man. Tell me if you get the job. You need to study or something? For school?"

Chuckling, Deshawn shook his head. "Thanksgiving break," he reminded Zymeir.

"Right." That reminded him of how he had Moriah with him for the day; Zinnia had work today even though it was the day before thanksgiving.