Chapter 34

Ryan and Avalon stood over the pool table in the Hunters Moon Bar. Enjoyed a date for the two of them that was long over due, watching Clary and Simon being a bit of a sickly cute couple along with Jace who was joined by Maia who was behind the bar. "I still can't wrap my head around the fact that their a thing." Avalon said to Ryan who played his shoot at the pool table know that she meant Simon and Clary.

"Why?" He questioned as Avalon walked to where the white ball was. "They seem happy." 

"That's the problem. I'm just worried that Simon is going to get hurt since Clary is still probably in love with a certain blonde sitting at the bar." Ryan couldn't help but she her point as they both looked over at Jace who was currently talking to a seelie girl who just walked into the bar and decide to pour her drink all over Jace's pants as everyone tired to hold in their laughter.

"Moving on." Ryan looked at Avalon who still had a grin on her face still holding in the laughter inside of her as she played her shoot. "Isn't Luke going to go all alpha dad werewolf mode when he finds out that you and Alec aren't that the sanctuary sealed away from the rest of the Shadow-world?" 

"Actually he hasn't been all to strict about that. I think it's the fact that Valentine is in a dark prison cell and that the whole Shadow-world knows about me and Alec being the Mortal Guardians. You know why that's a good thing?" She questioned with a smile on her face. 

"You get to hang out with me more?" Ryan warped his arm around Avalon's waist as she laughed. 

"That and."  Avalon quickly looked to see if their were any mundanes in the bar and is anyone was watching her. Golden swirls surrounded her hands as she moved the white ball making it knock every other pool ball into a free net. "It means that I win every time." Ryan smiled and pressed his lips against hers which she accepted smiling into the kiss not noticing Simon and Clary leaving. "You know if Magnus is alright?" Ryan questioned as they parted worrying about his warlock friend. Avalon sighed, her smiled falling from her face. 

"Alec hasn't said much about it but I know that he won't leave him until he knows for sure that Magnus is alright. And that he's not just pretending to be" 

________________________________________________________________________________

Alec stood in Magnus' kitchen making himself and his boyfriend a hot cup of berry tea trying to Magnus to lay off the hard stuff so he wouldn't drink himself into a black hole of empty sadness. He walked over to the balcony where Magnus was standing, looking over the city of New York, a which he grew to lovefrom his prevois resident in London. He turned to see Alec standing beside him and smiled taking a cup of tea from him ad Alec wrapped his arm around his shoulders and planted a kiss on his head. "Thank you." Magnus mumbled looking at Alec. 

"For what?" Alec questioned.

"For always being there for me." 

"You do the same for me." Alec smiled as Magnus buried his head into the croak of his neck. Alec knew on some level what Magnus was dealing with. When he was trapped in Valentine's body the agony rune was used on him making the warlock relive memories he had tried to forget including his mother and she died by her own hand, and the event that followed soon after with his step-father. But their quite moment together was ruined by the sound of Alec's phone ringing. He groaned as he answered it. "What is it Clary? Whoa hey slow down." Magnus watched as Alec's face shifted from a look of anger to one of worry.  

"Everything ok?" He asked as Alec hung up the phone shoving it back in his pocket. 

"Ahh not really, Simon just got arrested by the Clave." 

 "What for?" 

"Not sure. But I should-"

"See if he's ok and what is going on?" Magnus could see the worry in Alec's eyes. The worry for his friend. "Go." He told him. "I'll be fine." Alec debated it for a bit before pressing his lips to Magnus quickly and running out the door to see what problem he had o deal with now instead of being with Magnus. In other words to see what the hell was going on. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Alec portaled to the New York institute seeing that his twin sister was already their waiting for him. "Why are you here?" He asked as they both stormed into the building.

"My date with Ryan got interrupted by Maia getting dragged out of the hunters moon by Jace and a guard of Shadowhunters after trying to put a tracking chip in her neck. You?" 

"Clary called and said Simon got arrested." 

"Oh terrific." They walked into the control center to see Maia being taken away by a guard of shadowhunters. As she passed she passed the twins she mouthed 'fix this' and they both nodded walking the halls to see if they could get any information at all to see as to why Downworlders were getting arrested. They both came to a stop as their eyes landed on their little sister Isabelle. 

"Izzy." Alec called out to her as he and Avalon walked up to Isabelle who smiled pleased to see them. "Can we ask what the hell is going on. Like why did Maia and Simon get arrested and what's with the tracking chips?" Alec questioned her all at once. 

"Do you want the short or long version?" She asked seeing the twins look at each other. 

"Short version." Avalon replied knowing they needed facts right here and now if they were to get their friends out of this situation. 

"Shadowhunters are being killed by Downworlders."

"What?" 

"Yeah, some think that now Valentine is behind bars that Downworlders are taking their revenge. Oh and is gets worse. Jace is now head of the institute and is dear old grandmother Imogen is making him tell Shadowhunters to collect Downworlder DNA."

"Ok that's crossing the line." Alec nearly shouted knowing how offended the downworlders will feel about this. "The DNA thing not Jace being head of the institute. But it could be a downworlder killing the shadowhunters, it doesn't make sense. How can we help?" 

"I might have a way to get some information about this but your not going to like it." 

"Why?" Avalon asked crossing her arms, her big sister mode kicking in. "Where are you getting the information Izzy?" 

"From Raphael."

"Yeah we'er going with you." All three Lightwoods turned on their heels and headed out of the institute as they all went to talk to the vampire so they could get their friends out of jail.

A/N

We got a MALEC moment Ryan and Avalon moment (Ryava) Is that a good ship name???