Chapter 30

Isabelle sat in Raphael's apartment after the Vampire left her alone. She just sat there on the couch alone as the silence had started to take over Suddenly her hands started to shake rapidly and out of her control as her breathing became heavy and a cold sweat came over her. She knew what this meant. The Lightwood was in withdrawal, she was coming down from the high of the Yen Fin. Isabelle heard her phone starting to go off with about a million texts. Somehow she summoned the strength to walk over to where Raphael had shoved her phone away. She was shocked to see all of the missed calls and texts that had come from Jace and Clary about the Institute being under attack. She knew now that she should have gone with Magnus when he turned up at the apartment early and tried to talk her into coming with him. But she would go because she had to stay and get high.

Isabelle tried too make her way to the door in that every moment but her knee's gave out on her making her fall to the floor. Out of the blue she heard a type of whooshing sound for behind her and the sound of footsteps coming to towards her, rushing to her. "Hey, you ok?" A voice that Isabelle vaguely recognized as Alec's asked. As she turned around weakly to see none other than Avalon and Alec kneeling next to her with worry in both of their eyes. Isabelle doesn't say anything but shakes her head as she not ok. 

"We getting you out of here." Avalon said calmly as she and Alec slowly helped Isabelle off the ground getting her too stand and slung her arms over their shoulders. 

"The Institute." Isabelle said weakly. "We have to get to the institute and help stop Valentine." 

"Isabelle you can't fight like this." Alec nearly shouted at her protesting against Isabelle going into a fight. 

"I will be fine. I can sweat out the Yen fin later, plus you two have to get the soul sword."

"You heard the woman." Avalon looked at her twin both silently agreeing that this was a very, extremely bad idea for Isabelle, but they both knew that she wouldn't let them leave out of the action if she could help in some way. Plus Isabelle was right they had to get the sword. Alec sighed and created a portal to the New York institute. As soon as they landed on the ground, Isabelle unhooked herself from the twins shoulder's and used all her strength in that moment to run inside with Avalon and Alec trailing after her. 

"Guys go." She shouted at the twins who stopped in their tracks and just looked at the younger Lightwood. 

"Just don't die." Avalon said in a serious tone and Isabelle nodded and watched her and Alec run off through the halls to try and fine Valentine and get the sword before it was activated.

________________________________________________________________________________

"So what's that plan?" Avalon questioned in a panicked voice as she and Alec followed the calls of the soul sword to where it was being kept by the mad man, Valentine in hope of getting to it fast. 

"Plan A get the sword away from Valentine." Alec spoke still running. 

"And if plan A doesn't work which is usually doesn't and the soul sword is activated?"    

"We go with plan B, try like hell to turn it off with what we found out about it." Avalon nodded at her brother. While the were at the Sanctuary trying to decode the vision from the angel, Avalon stumbled across something that could help them with the soul sword. It was in Johnathan Shadowhunter's study the instruments. It said the that soul sword could be over powered by an equal force of angelic light of the same power. But Like they said to Luke and Magnus before it was just a theory, but it was the best chance they had at this point so they had to try it no matter what. They both continued to run while listening to the calls of the sword getting louder and louder meaning they were getting close. They reached the main control center and stopped instantly seeing that Jace was about to grab a hold of the sword with Clary and Simon both yelling at him to stop.