Chapter 2

Image of a circle rune. Enjoy the chapter. 

Alec and Avalon sat in Luke's office at the police station, as the three of them went through file after file that were stacked on Luke's desk. "Someone in the Shadow-World is behind these murders." Alec mumbled  as he chucked the file on to Luke's desk, and grabbed the next one in the pile. 

"Vamp's maybe?" Luke said as he looked up for the file he was reading.

 "I don't think so." Avalon said to the werewolf. "Think about it. The Vamp's wouldn't just go around killing mundane's, drain them of there blood and leave the bodies out there for everyone in the world to see."

 "Plus there was only one puncher wound on all of the victims, and last time I checked vampires have two fangs , not one. So not the Vamp's." Alec added on to his sisters comment and Luke nodded in agreement. 

"What if it's you know Valentine?" Avalon asked.

 "Why would Valentine need mundane blood?" 

"For his experiments." Avalon commented and a look of worry came across her face. 

"Ava what's really one your mind?" Alec questioned his twin. Avalon forgot she couldn't hide her feelings from her brother.

 "If Valentine wasn't around and the instruments didn't need protecting from him, do you think we would still be what we are?" Alec bit his bottom lip. He didn't know how to answer Avalon's question. 

"Hey look at me, both of you." Luke said to the pair, they turned their heads to look at the werewolf. "The angles choose you two for a reason, they could have choose another Shadowhunter twins but they choose you guys, because they knew how you two would do the best you could to protect the  instruments . Even if Valentine wasn't around you two would still probably be the guardian's the Circle wouldn't just go away because Valentine is gone."

 "True." Avalon leaded back in her chair. "Do you think we'll ever meet Max and Isabelle or our birth parents?" Alec asked Luke.

 "I don't know. But I do know that they would love you if you did met them." The twins smiled at Luke's comment. Suddenly Alec's phone went off, as he checked who the message was from his face fell, and his eyes went wide. 

"Alec want is it?" Luke questioned him seeing how his eyes went wide with worry.

 "Umm, Magnus just texted, Clary was at Pandemonium, She saw a fight between Shadowhunetsr and demons, she even killed a demon." Luke and Avalon were shocked. Avalon run her hand through her hair as Luke pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. 

"Well now Jocelyn will have to tell Clary everything." Avalon said. Just then Luke's ears picked up the sound of footsteps coming towards his office. 

"Someone's coming." He said in a hushed voice. Alec used his magic to see who was in the hallway. His hazel eyes turning gold as he did so.

 "Circles members." They all became instantly filled with worry.

 "You two, go back to the apartment, get your things and go to the sanctuary." The door knob of Luke's office started to turn. "Go, go ,go." Alec and Avalon quickly got up out of their chairs as Avalon created a portal and they jump through. As soon as the portal disappeared Luke was confronted by two circle members.

________________________________________________________________________________

Alec and Avalon landed in an alleyway by Luke's apartment. As they approached the steps they saw two figures move in the shadows inside of the apartment. Slowly they climbed the steps and opened the door. The place was trashed, broken glass all over the floor boards, the couches were tossed over. Suddenly they heard they both heard someone in the hallway. Both of them got out there glamoured weapons, ready to fight. Alec with his bow and quiver, Avalon with her two metal Japanese war fans, engraved with runes.