Chapter 17

Maryse Lightwood walked the halls of the New York institute, on her way to the head of the institute office to see Lydia about the mission to wake up Jocelyn Fairchild. As she continued to make her way to the office she passed a room that no one had stepped foot in, in almost twenty years. She stopped at the door, noticing that it was open just a crack. Usually it was bolted shut with no daring to enter. Slowly Maryse placed her hand oh the door knob and pushed it open to reveal her daughter Isabelle sitting on the floor between two cribs. Photos and paper scattered across the floor with a thick layer of dust covering everything in the room. Quickly walking over to Isabelle, leaving foot prints on the dust on the wooden floor boards, she crouched next  to her daughter shaking her on the shoulder. 

"Isabelle?" Maryse looked at her daughter, who seemed to be in a type of trance just staring at the floor with a blank look on her face. She tried to snap her out of it become worried as to what was happening to Isabelle.

"Their alive." Isabelle mumbled as she turned her head to her mother who's face was covered in confusion. "Aren't they?"

"Who's alive Isabelle?" Maryse's voice was begging for Isabelle to give her a straight forward answer. 

"Avalon Sage Lightwood and Alexander Gideon Lightwood. The lost Lightwoods, my older siblings are alive, but you knew that already." Maryse's face was now plastered in shock. How on earth did Isabelle find out. " Tell me the truth." Isabelle nearly shouted as Maryse shhhed her racing back to the door and closing it so no one would listen to what they would say next. Both woman were now standing up. 

"Mom, tell me what the hell is going on." Isabelle raised her voice just enough to her her mother know that she was serious, as Isabelle's phone went off. 

"I promise I will tell you everything I can Isabelle, later for now do deal with what ever that was."  They both just looked in each others eyes have a silent war of fury. "Please." Maryse begged Isabelle, she nodded and walked out of the room closing the door behind her Maryse broke out into silent tears resting her hands over her chest trying to steady her breathing with the same thought circling in her head. How in the world was she going to explain this to everyone involved?

________________________________________________________________________________

Ryan strolled down a fairly crowed street with a small skip in his step on his way to collect a special gift he had been waiting for months to give to Avalon. He knew that she wasn't the type of person to have anything extravagant, but Ryan hopped that she would make this one small exception. Turning a comer and heading straight for the small jewelry store, he pulled the door the open and partially jumped through the open door way. He looked around and spotted a woman behind the glass cabinets in her late 30's wearing a simple white blouse, black pants and flat shoes. He walked over to her and she greeted him with a warm smile. 

"Hi I'm here to pick up an order?" Ryan stated to the woman. 

"Of course, what name was it under sir?" 

"Ryan, Ryan Williams."  

"Won't be a moment." The woman headed to the back room as the werewolf bounced up and don on the balls of his feet with anxiety coursing through his veins. The woman appeared again a few minutes later with a small, blue ring box in her hands. She placed it down on top of the cabinet. "Here you are sir, would you like to see it?" Ryan nodded and the woman opened the box to reveal a beautiful silver ring with an open stone in the center of it cut in an upside down tear drop shape. He smiled and picked up the box. 

"It's perfect." He whispered. 

"What ever girl you are giving that to is very lucky." The woman kind said. 

"I'm the lucky one to even to know her, this is to let her know that i'm here for her no matter how crazy it is. You know why I chose to use silver instead of gold?" Ryan asked the woman who shook her head. "Because my friend is always saying that silver is rarer that gold and the girl i'm giving this to is more rare that anything or anyone in the world."  Ryan smiled with love in his eyes just thinking of Avalon and how she would react. He payed the amount of money for the ring and but the box in his pocket. As soon as he walked out of the shop his phone went off. It was Luke. 

"Hey Luke what's up?" Ryan answered in quite a cheerful voice. 

"Ryan somethings happened." Luke said on the other end of the line and Ryan whole world came crushing down as he listened to Luke on the other end of the line. Everything around him became nothing but a blur.

"I'm on my way." Ryan hung up the phone, shoved it in his pocket and used his wolf speed to race over to the Jade wolf to meet Luke who just told him the most devastating of news.

_______________________________________________________________________________ 

Maryse walked at hurried pace in the shipping yard near the docks with Isabelle as they approached the Jade wolf. They had both suck out of the institute while everyone else was busy with the excuse they were going to patrol for demons. "Why are we here?" Isabelle questioned as they walked up to the door.  "I thought you were going to explain why you lie to everyone for nearly twenty years about the long lost twins." 

"And I am, but trust me because if you want the whole story we'er going to have to talk to Luke." 

"Why?"

"Because we do." Maryse opened the door to the Jade wolf as both Shadowhunters walked inside they saw the whole wolf pact sitting in each booth of the restaurant, all of them glaring at the pair. Maryse looked around to find Luke sitting in one of the booths looking like he was deep in thought. she grabbed Isabelle by the wrist as dragged her over to the booth where Luke was sitting. Both of them were surprised to find two other people sitting with Luke. One was a young werewolf with dirty bole hair who had a distressed look on his face, and the other was one other than Mangus Bane. High warlock of Brooklyn. 

"Magnus?" Isabelle looked at the warlock who seemed to be in the same state of worry along with everyone else at the table. 

"Luke what's going on, did you get my message?" Marsye asked as Luke looked up at her. 

"I did, but if Isabelle's getting an explanation them the pact it getting one because we'er going to need their help."

"Why?" 

"Because Alec and Avalon  have been missing since last night and I think we all know what happened to them. He kidnapped them." Silence fell over the restaurant as Maryse's eyes started to water, realizing one of her worse fears had come true.  

A/N 

THE MORTAL GUARDIANS ARE MISSING!!!! WHO HAS THEM???? 

Picture of ring Ryan got for Avalon