Chapter 1

19 years later 

A raven haired boy stood in the bathroom, looking at himself in the mirror. His hazel eyes caste down to his arms, which bared unique marks, even for people in the Shadow-world. The same marks he shared with his twin sister. He traced the inky, black diamond like markings on his hand. A heavy look came across his face, as if the weight of a whole world rested on what he did. "Alec, hurry up, we gotta go." A female voice which belonged to his twin.  Alec grabbed the jacket resting over the bath tub and walked out the the front entrance of the apartment to meet his sister. Avalon, sometimes Ava for short. She shared the same raven hair and hazel eyes as her brother, along with the diamond markings on her arms. 

"Finally, what took you so long, you never spend that much time on how you look. That's my department." Avalon joked with a smirk on her face. She looked at her brother, she could see and feel how worried he was about something. "Hey are you ok, I can feel how worried you are." Alec sighed at his twins question. 

"Ava do you feel like something bad is going to happen?" Avalon's face fell and now Alec could feel  his twin become scared. 

"Yeah, I've had that feeling all day, it probably has something to do with you know what." Alec knew what she was referring to. The Mortal instruments. "But right now we have to go meet Clary and Simon, so can we go?" Avalon went to the door. As she went to open it Alec stopped her. 

"Forgetting something?" He pointed to his arms which were covered by his jacket so no skin was showing, and none of his marking were showing either. 

"Right." Avalon sighed as she waved her hands over her arms, golden swirled over her markings and made them disappear. "Did you do yours?" She asked Alec.

 "Yeah I hate doing it though."

 "Same." Both of the twins made sure they had their  phones and walked out of the apartment. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Alec and Avalon were sitting at table with there friend Simon at Java Jones, waiting for Clary. Simon was tapping his fingers on the table looking like he was going to explode at any given moment. "Simon could you stop that, and I don't know be calm for two seconds." Avalon snapped. 

"Well what if Clary doesn't get in, it's her dream to go to that school." 

"Well you can stop rambling and ask her." Alec commented as the three of them saw a red head come through the door, with a sad look on her face. Alec raised an eyebrow at his sister, both knowing it was an act, as Simon stood up.

 "Give me the professors names and I will end them"  All three of them raised an eyebrow at Simon. "You know with a  scathing e-mail to the dean." 

 "Don't bother." Clary replied as she puts the letter on the table that reads, Congratulations. 

"What? The sad face, really? Well played, well played."Clary and Simon did there special fist bump. 

"Thank you, I did learn from the best." Clary turned to Avalon who was confused as to why everyone wad now looking at her.

 "Why are you all looking at me for?" Her eyes darting to the hot chocolate in front of her.  "Please Ava like you haven't pull that exact same thing on all of us, more than once." Alec looked at his twin who right now was giving him the death glare. 

"Anyway, congratulations Clary, from all of us." Alec Said to her smiling.

"Thank you know  it's weird, they kind of liked the assigned work, but they  flipped out for the drawings that Simon and I are doing for our graphic novel."