𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 | 𝐡𝐨𝐰'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥, 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲 |

Cassie's POV

I'm woken up to the sunlight pouring into my room and I groan, turning over. I collide with a warm surface and a smile tugs at my lips knowing it's Rafe under me.

"Most guys leave before the girl wakes up" I mumble sleepily.

"I'm not most guys" His raspy morning voice replies.

I peel open my eyes and lift my head to see him watching me contently as he draws patterns on my bare back with his finger. The sun rays beaming down on his face only make him look even more beautiful, his bright blue eyes sparkling in the light.

"Can we talk about what happened at Midsummers? Who was that guy?" Rafe suddenly asks.

"He's my ex boyfriend" I answer simply.

"The one who gave you this?" Rafe asks, tracing the scar on my chin and I nod.

"A lot happened in New York" I sigh.

"You can tell me anything. You know that, don't you?" He says, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"I'm scared, Rafe" I admit, looking down "I don't want you to look at me differently"

He cups my cheeks in his hands and lifts my head up to look me in the eyes.

"Nothing you say will ever make me look at you differently, Cas" He assures me.

I gulp and nod softly, laying my head on his chest as he goes back to drawing patterns on my back. I take a deep breath and begin telling him everything that happened, start to finish.

Rafe listens to every word I say, holding me close and comforting me as I struggle to tell him my story. When I finish, I look up at him and he looks down at me with an unreadable expression.

"Rafe, say something" I plead, sniffling softly.

"I should have killed him" Rafe spits angrily.

A laugh escapes my throat and Rafe looks at me in confusion.

"Thank you, Rafie" I mumble, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek "For not looking at me like I'm broken"

His face softens and he wipes my tears away, kissing my head.

"You're not broken, Cas" He whispers "You're perfect"

"Shut up" I giggle, hitting his chest and he smiles.

He opens his mouth to say something but my door handle is abruptly rattled and my eyes widen.

"Cassie, open the fucking door!" I hear my sister sob, knocking loudly.

"One sec, Kie!" I holler, jumping out of bed.

I pull Rafe's shirt on and do up a few buttons before throwing his pants at him. He yanks them on and I push him into my closet, telling him to stay quiet. I then unlock the door and Kiara falls into my arms, rambling through her tears.

"Kie, sweetheart, you're gonna have to take a deep breath and tell me what's going on" I tell her, rubbing her back soothingly.