𝐭𝐰𝐨 | 𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐞 |

Cassie's POV

I sit on my bed, hugging my knees to my chest as I listen to the footsteps approach my door. The door slowly opens and my breathing quickens as fear runs through me. A dark figure stands at my door silently and I whimper, hugging myself tighter. The figure suddenly lunges for me and I squeeze my eyes shut.

I wake up with a scream, jolting upwards as the bloodcurdling sound leaves my lips. Kiara races into the room with Anna and my dad on her tail. Her hand touches my arm and I freak out, backing away from her in complete fear. I curl into a ball on instinct and cover my head with my arms.

"Cassie, pumpkin. It's dad" I hear my dad's soothing voice whisper and I uncurl, looking up at him through teary eyes.

"Dad?" I breathe out shakily.

"It's me" He nods.

I let out a relieved sigh and throw my arms around him.

"I'm sorry. It happens some times" I choke out, embarrassed at my outburst.

"Shh, it's okay" He assures me.

I look up at Anna and Kiara with an apologetic look and they smile warmly.

"You don't need to be embarrassed, Cassie. We're always here for you" Anna tells me, reaching out to rub my back.

I shoot her a grateful smile and she smiles down at me like a mother would to her daughter.

"I've got to get to work. Will you be okay?" My dad asks me.

"Yeah, i'll be okay. I'm going to head over to the Cameron's" I tell him.

"Say hello to Rose for me" Anna smiles and I nod.

Anna and my dad exit the room hesitantly and I'm left with Kiara.

"You never did tell me what happened to you back in New York" She states and I frown.

"You don't need to worry about that, Kie" I sigh.

"But-" I cut her off.

"You're better off not knowing" I assure her and she frowns, but nods in understanding.

"I'm going out with the guys. I'll see you later?" She asks hopefully.

"Later" I confirm.

She smiles softly and heads out my room, closing the door behind her. I drag myself out of bed and trudge over to my mirror. Once I reach it I let out a noise of disgust, grimacing at my reflection. My clothes are stuck to me with sweat, my eyes are puffy and rimmed red, my cheeks are tear stained and my hair looks like a bird's nest. I let out a huff and head into my bathroom to take a shower.

Once I'm out, I dry and curl my hair before applying a little makeup. I then head into my closet to look for an outfit. I decide on a lilac bikini, a light pink ruffle skirt and a matching crop top.

 I decide on a lilac bikini, a light pink ruffle skirt and a matching crop top