Two; The Kids Aren't Alright

The Kids Aren't Alright

Louis runs ahead of me and stops short turning around and throwing his arms up into the air. He stands in front of the Wembley arena. I shake my head and just stare--no I marvel-- at it as he does. He creeps around the side taking hold of my hand and pulling him with me.

"Kick off your boots," he says quietly and I listen after a moment. He takes my hand and leads me under part of the loose chain link fence.

"We are not breaking into the Wembley arena!" I shout whisper at him and he winks at me which doesn't calm my nerves in anyway whatsoever.

He drags me down the quiet cement hallways and through the darkness until we break it and come to the entrance of the arena. I take a minute to catch my breath, its amazing. I've never seen anything quite like it and I only wish I had the chance to play here.

"Live the dream," Louis says running out onto the field. I shake my head at him and tell him to come back into the dark where we can't be seen.

He shakes his head slowly and motions for me to come with him. He disappears for a moment and comes back with a ball he must have found, rolling it over to me. Instinct makes me stop the ball under my bare foot and I look up to him, to his smirk.

I take a second to argue internally with myself but before long I am running down the field and taking the ball with me. Louis does circles around me in speed, stealing the ball as often as he can. I stop and watch as he takes off down the turf, the sweater whips around in the wind and so does his messy hair.

He stops halfway and tosses the sweater to the ground in frustration, before continuing to run back to me. I laughing and crumble to the ground taking in all the sounds I can imagine in my own head.

I watch as he runs the wind rips threw his hair and his smile creeps on his face. He looks happy and I've never seen him act like such a little kid.

I close my eyes and try to catch my breath as my chest pumps quickly under my shirt. My lungs still had a hard time keeping up with my legs and it was painful at times. I can hear Louis calling my name but I ignore him until he's standing right over me.

"Sarah!" he shouts and I keep my eyes closed hoping he'll go away but instead he drops to his knees and grabs my face. "Jesus fuck love don't do that to me."

"And the trickster becomes the tricked," I say rolling to my knees and staring at him in the eyes. "Close your eyes," I say and he questions it before doing so. "Listen carefully, you hear that?"

"What?"

"The sound of you eating my dust," I say getting up to my feet and stealing the ball from his feet to score a goal, he screams after me and I laugh so hard my heart may explode.

"That's cheatin'" I shrug my shoulders at him and stop dead when I see the security guard coming down the bleachers towards us. "Time to go sweets!"

He leaves his sweater, barreling towards me at an alarming rate. He has such a cute look on his face as he takes my hand and turns for the exit.

Louis runs next to me down and out the hallways, I grab the boots as we run from the security guard and down the street. He laughs as we reach the corner and throws his hands in the air. He makes a face at me like is sort of like a sympathy, and guilt.

"That was fun thank you." I say walking past him, my head is spinning from the alcohol I had drank.

Louis talks behind me but I can't really hear him because my head is pounding over the sound of his voice. He skips past me and runs a bit up the street, I reach out not realizing how far he is away from me.