Twelve; 18

18.

My body pushes through the apartment door collecting clean clothes, as many as I can shove into my bag. Bradley hears the noise his feeting thumping down the hallway towards my-Niall's room. I shake my hands, brush my hair a bit and wipe whatever left over tears had fallen from my eyes during the drive home.

"What the hell happened?" He asks in a groggy voice, his hand rubs across his bare chest as he stands in the doorway. Eyes squinted in the bright light from the ceiling I suddenly regret being so damn loud. The last thing I wanted to do was explain myself to him right now. "What the fuck happened to your hand?"

I look down at the bruises knuckles, I should have pulled my sweater sleeve down over my hand but I had totally forgotten in the rush to get out of the apartment. Bruising easily now had become a problem, I probably shouldn't have punched her but I did anyways, and it felt damn good.

"Nothing," I say giving him the crappiest smile I've ever given him.

"You are the world's worst liar, what happened bug?" He says, rolling my eyes I tell him everything, all the awful things that had happened in the last twenty four hours.

He sighs sitting across from me in the large black chair his arms crossed over his chest, his face still just as tired as before. "I'm going to strangle that stupid fucking-"

"Enough," I say cutting him off so he can't finish his sentence. "I'm alright, I'm going to go home for the weekend see Jean, come back on Monday for the game. I'll be fine, at least fine enough to coach my team next to douchebag number two."

"Sarah," he says looking at me "Are you alright?"

I know he's talking about Niall now but the subject hurts my heart and leaves a brutal feeling all over my body. I play with the zipper on my backpack to ignore the lump in my throat but it doesn't work for long as Bradley calls my name again.

"No," I say simply, "I can't do anything about this, I can't feel better about this I just need to forget about it for now."

"Forgetting about it won't change anything bug," he says.

"But it will help for now."

He reaches out and takes my hand in his own, bringing it to his lips he smiles at me kindly. "I'm sorry for yelling at you the other day, I know that the stuff with Lizzy wasn't your fault."

"Can you say that again?" I ask smiling at him.

"I'm sorry Sarah," he winks at me, dropping my hand. "When you get back we need to deal with it though and I'm going to need your help to do so."

"Of course, what the hell is with all the douchebags in my life lately."

"You love trouble, you always have."

"Speaking of..." I say as my phone buzzes beside me. Looking down at it Brad rolls his eyes at the name.

"You should answer it Sarah, talk to him." I pick the phone up and flip it over in my hands. Shaking my head gently and setting it back down in my lap. "Answer it before I do."

He lunges for the phone before I have the chance to protect it, he slides the bar and throws it back at me. I roll my eyes bringing the phone up to my ear slightly.

"What," I say to the phone which only makes Brad break out into laughter.

"Sarah give me two minutes please?" Niall asks from the other side of the phone.

"I'm actually surprised you had time to call me, between punching people and making out with former girlfriends. I'm last on the priority list right?"