4- An Unlikely Friend

As the girls got closer and closer, Pansy started shaking in her shoes. She wondered if it was finally the cold coming to take her away or the fact that girls in her year were willingly approaching her?

"Hi.." Hermione said giving her a nervous smile. She nudged Ginny, and she waved at Pansy.

"I'm Hermione, Hermione Granger," She said putting her hand out for her. "-what's your name?" Hermione had become a bit more confident and gave her a warm smile. Pansy looked at them wide eyed, and Ginny looked awkwardly at Hermione who still had her hand up.

"I told you.." Ginny muttered to her and Hermione shushed her.

Pansy took a deep shaky breath.

"I-I'm Pansy, P-Pansy Parkinson." She said moving her shaking hand towards Hermione's, shaking it. Pansy couldn't help but notice how warm Hermione felt, which was not Pansy at all.

Ginny stepped forward.

"Hello.." She said shyly. "I'm Ginny Weasley, nice to meet you, Pansy." She looked at Hermione and Hermione nodded for her to keep going. Ginny looked back to Pansy and smiled, waiting for Pansy to take her hand.

"Hello, Ginny.. It's nice to meet you." Pansy said quietly. What was happening? Why were the reintroducing themselves? They couldn't have possibly forgotten about who she was and what she'd done?

They let go of each other and looked nervously at each other.

"Right, yes so, well um," Hermione started, talking all over the place. "We wanted to ask you if you wanted to join our group?" She asked hopefully. Pansy looked at them confusedly, and Ginny saw this, starting to become a bit angry. Pansy was probably going to reject their offer or say something rude to them.

"Oh!" Pansy replied breathlessly. "But aren't you guys already full?" She gave them a nervous confused smile.

"Why would we be full?" Ginny asked, her anger dying down at bit, now replaced with a hint of curiosity.

"Well, you guys just have so many friends and are really popular and nice so I just thought.." Pansy said rubbing her arm.

"No, no, we aren't full. It's just us two, and we'd love for you to join, if you want to, Pansy." Hermione said softly.

"I-I'd love to, I'd really love to. Thank you!" Pansy said in a shaky voice. She was so scared. She put her hands behind her back awkwardly and tilted her head down ever so slightly to them as thanks.

"Uh- yeah of course!" Ginny said. She was taken back. The girl seemed so nervous and happy at the same time that she could be in their group.

Maybe.. Maybe Hermione was right, people needed second chances sometimes, she couldn't disagree that it made her really happy to see someone else happy just by giving them another chance. It made Ginny's heart light. Ginny smiled from behind Pansy and Hermione as they walked slowly around the crowd getting to know each other, slowly but surely.

This could work, and Ginny wanted to be apart of it, not be stubborn for the rest of her life. She went to the other side of Pansy and joined in on their conversation, getting to know the very awkward and nervous Pansy Parkinson.

To say Pansy was in complete shock and astonishment was an understatement. She was just surprised, she couldn't accept it. But she couldn't get ahead of herself. Pansy started getting worried. Maybe this was only a one time thing? Only for the tournament and that's it. Maybe they just saw her and felt bad for her, deciding to pity her? She wasn't going to get ahead of herself, and was going to try and enjoy it while it lasted. This was her second chance to make things finally right.