15- The Mansion's Ballroom

Hermione exited the bathroom in her proper dark green ball gown, and looked towards her bedroom door. It was wide open, and Draco was no where to be seen. She walked slowly to the big window opposite her bed, and looked outside to the fountain that she and Draco kissed. She sighed and put her fingers softly on the clear glass, as slowly, the sky turned black.

She turned around to walk out the door and slowly down the long corridors of the mansion. It was now time for the "ball" and it was time for the portal to appear. She didn't hear Ginny, or Pansy, or Theo or Blaise, or Draco, it seemed like the house was empty but as she reached the top of the grand staircase, she heard distant music and laughing from the ballroom. She reached the stairs, her hands simply by her sides. She looked down and she saw Draco looking out a big window. She descended the stairs quietly and he turned around and looked at her, hands in pockets. He looked at her calm, but his eyes looked dead, and she could see his dark circles more clearly under the big lights. She reached him and stood in front of him, then she moved her body to the door and left him behind, opening the doors and looking inside. Draco entered after her a few seconds later, and everyone greeted them with smiles.

"Hey! Finally, let's get this show on the road!" Blaise said motioning them over and Theo went to start the music. Hermione stood in her place and Draco came by her. She hadn't paid attention to him as she looked at Pansy and Ginny, who shot her a smile, and she smiled back. She turned to Draco still smiling and he also had a smile on his face.

When they last left off, they.. got along; By talking about a Muggle play, of all things. She'd never know William Shakespeare was going to be the guy that gave them common ground, something to talk about, and she knew he asked her if he could watch the movie one day, but she knew for a fact it would never be.

Theo ran back to Pansy making her laugh, and the music started. Draco took out his hand for her and Hermione took it gently, putting her hand on his shoulder, and his hand went on her waist pulling her more closer than usual, but she paid no mind. They started awkwardly, but the two had gotten into it, moving gracefully to the beautiful piano melody. She didn't want to enjoy herself with him, but she did. As he lifted her up then back down, she looked up at him and he caught her eyes.

"What?" He asked cluelessly. He had no idea how really beautiful he was.

"Nothing.. You're a good dancer." She blurted out all of a sudden and she gave him an awkward look as he laughed, and spun her around, bringing her back closer to him.

"Enjoy it while you can, you won't be dancing with anyone else for a while."

She rolled her eyes, there he was again. "You don't know anything, we won't see each other after we graduate, so you'll simply have to keep up with me by reading the Prophet." She smiled sarcastically, squeezing his hand tighter, that she hadn't noticed.

"We'll see about that." He muttered, squeezing her hip slightly. She heard what he said and didn't know what to say, or what it meant. She had wanted to ask but a sudden beam of light appeared, and they stopped dancing, turning around. It was the crystal portal, there in the middle of the ballroom. Pansy squealed and grabbed Theo's arm, dragging him out the ballroom to get their things. Blaise ran out and told Ginny to follow her. Hermione ran out to get her things and as did Draco.

The six ran through the halls. The girls in their big gowns holding them up so they didn't trip. They laughed and screamed together in happiness. They grabbed their things and raced down the stairs. Hermione went on the railing and slid down perfectly. They all stopped at the bottom looking at her.

"What?" She said catching her breath.

"That was neat, let me try!" Pansy said running up the stairs. Draco ran up next with all of them trailing behind up the stairs, and they lined up one by one sliding down the railing, catching their breaths at the bottom from running up the stairs quickly.