14- Common Ground

She hadn't moved her eyes from his arm and tried to inch her fingers closer but couldn't.

"You can touch me but you can't touch that. Off limits." He let go of her hand and hid his arm under the covers, turning his head away.

"Let me have a look at it and I'll to it properly." She offered with a frightened smile.

"You-You absolutely cannot tend to it, or touch it, see it." He sputtered, turning away even more.

"-I'll tell your friends!" She interrupted and he didn't react. His friends already knew and had tried to stop him too many times, but would never tell someone else. "I'll tell McGonagall, I'll tell, I'll do it, and I'll tell whoever needs to be told!" She pleaded.

He laughed at her. "You won't." He chuckled. She ran to the door and was about to bang and scream when she felt a cold hand cover her mouth, and another hand around her body, pulling her away.

"Okay, okay! Look at it!" He said through his teeth and let her go. She smiled at him as he gave her his left arm.

"Don't make me wipe that smile off your face myself." He threatened and she rolled her eyes. She really wouldn't mind another kiss. She grabbed his hand and took them to the bathroom. He watched her get out a soft cloth and bandages from the cabinet under the sink. She gave him a small smile and he didn't return it, and just rolled his eyes.

She wet the cloth and grabbed his arm, and carefully started washing the dried blood off. She hummed softly as she did and he just watched the top of her head.

"I don't get how you were able to lift me up, with the state your arm is in.." She trailed off softly, not looking at him and he gave the top of her head a bored look. "You're light." He said bluntly without thinking, and he had just wanted to bang his head on the mirror. She paused for only a quick second, blushing at his words, then continued cleaning the blood, careful not to open any cuts or hurt him.

"So you didn't care if you strained it even more?"

"No."

"Why?" She pressed but he ignored her. "Well, when it heals, you can't do anything like this again. It's dangerous."

"I'm not listening to you." He spat and she stopped cleaning his arm.

"Fine.. I tried to help." She packed up and walked away.

He rolled his eyes and sighed, making his way out.

"Fix it before I change my mind."

She shook her head disappointedly and took his hand again, cleaning the blood then grabbed the bandages to wrap it around tightly.

She finished, cleaned her hands, and left with him behind her to the bed.

"Would you like me to tell you another story?"

He stared at the ceiling and then slowly moved his eyes to her. He nodded shyly and looked back to the ceiling. She moved her pillow right next to his without warning and lay next to him, their arms touching. His cold one made her shiver.

Hermione shivered at the touch then prepared to tell her story. "Okay, it's another by the same playwright, it's called Macbeth." She moved her eyes to him and he didn't react. When he felt eyes on him he moved his to hers. "It's nothing of romance, it's main theme is good and evil." She paused and he nodded.

"Macbeth is the Thane of Glamis at the start of the play.."

20 Minutes Later:

"Now Malcolm fights Macbeth for the crown, and Macbeth is winning. But then, Macbeth's crown falls which is really symbolic.. you know, 'the fall of the king' ..?" He nodded, eager for her to finish. "But he picks it up again and puts it on his head, mid battle."

Draco's eyebrows raised and Hermione nodded smiling. "In the middle of fighting Malcolm? What an idiot."

"Exactly." She agreed. "He doesn't want to let the crown go, and he was about to win the fight before he reached down for the crown.. So now he's put it back on his head, and he has the disadvantage now, the fight doesn't go in his favour anymore, and Malcolm is winning now."

"Stop pausing and keep going." He demanded. She rolled her eyes.

"Macbeth then realises he's about to be taken down and he says it, that he's sinking and that he's lost. Those are his last words before Malcolm comes and chops his head off-"

"-In front of everyone? Chopped his head off? With his sword?" Draco interrupted and she nodded. She smiled at the fact Draco was excited for the ending.

"Yes, then they cheer and Malcolm bends down to take the crown off his head, and puts it on his own head. Which, by the way, kind of irks me." She closed her eyes at the thought then opened them, and was met by his eyes again. "And now Malcolm is King, good has won and evil has been vanquished."

There was a small silence. She didn't know it but her reading him the stories meant a lot to him.

"That was a nice story." He told her. "Yes, it's my favourite play."

He chuckled. "What? None of those romance ones?"

She shook her head. "No, Macbeth is just someone people can relate to, it shows a bit of love, different kinds, but it disappoints in the end. I like the tragedies in it." She paused. "Who's your favourite character?" She asked.

He thought for a moment. "Macbeth, or Duncan."

Hermione raised her eyebrows slightly in amusement.

"What? Surprised I like one of the good guys?" He raised his eyebrow and smirked.

"No, good choice, they're my favourites also."

He shook his head.

"It just bothers me, Macbeth didn't have to kill anyone and listen to his stupid wife." She rolled her eyes. "..he could of been his own person and just let the prophecy do it's work." He sighed dramatically.

She moved her eyes away from his. "When you love someone like Macbeth loved his wife, then you'd listen to them and try to see the truth in what they were saying, even though what you're wife was suggesting was crazy." She shook her head at the thought.

"So when did you see the play?" He asked and she turned back to him confused. "The play? No, I haven't seen it in real life, people in the Muggle world only saw plays like these, hundreds of years ago."

"When was the play made then?"

"1606, so a long time ago." He opened his mouth into an 'O' shape. Interesting how they didn't do plays anymore. Just movies.

"Then how'd you come to find out about it?"

"I watched the movie then I read the play." She informed him and he stayed silent, thinking for a few moments.

"Can I see the movie one day?" He asked out of the blue and she looked surprised.

"Yeah.. Okay, sure, if we get out of here." She laughed slightly and got up, walking around the room to see the clock. She didn't know it but Draco smiled at her from behind.

"Well, it's 30 Minutes until they'll let us out. I'll go get ready." She said simply, taking her big dress into a bathroom.

Draco got up and grabbed his suit.