12- The Fountain

Hermione walked outside and admired the manor. It was beautiful, and the woods were tall with dark wood. The sun shone down beautifully on the water of the fountain, and on the beautiful red and black flowers. It was still early in the morning.

She had walked under a tree and a medium sized branch hung loose from there, and she easily broke it off, holding it. It was nearly the same size as her wand.

"Hey." Draco spoke from behind her. She hadn't talked to him since their meeting in the dining room when they decided they were going to have a proper ball.

He walked around the fountain.

"Did you need something?" She walked around also. She was opposite the fountain, dipping her fingers in the water and dragging them softly along the edge of the fountain.

He continued slowly walking towards her. "Just wanted to see what you were up to."

She realised and walked ahead of him. She didn't know what he wanted.

She stopped and looked out into the woods. She saw an animal that had ran off. She finally snapped back into reality and didn't see Draco where she remembered him. She turned around. They were a less than a metre apart.

She looked up at him.

"What were you looking at?"

"I think I saw something dangerous in the woods." Hermione said, thinking, still a bit out of touch with reality.

"Well, I've come to formally ask you to be my partner tonight. How about it?" He smiled wickedly.

She leaned in dangerously close and caught him by surprise, that he had almost lost his footing. She had leaned in too close than she had intended. She had a nervous look while her eyes flickered down from his eyes to his lips.

He looked at her with determination in his eyes. He put his arms around the nape of her neck and pulled her in quickly, to his lips. She gasped a little, but kissed him back as he sighed into the kiss. Her arms went around his neck and his around her waist.

It was not rough. It was wonderful and she loved it, and she so badly wanted to do it over and over.

But it was as if alarms and sirens had gone off loudly in her head and she had now realised what she was doing. She suddenly opened her eyes and panicked, taking her arms from around his neck and pushing him away roughly. She looked up at him catching her breath and sputtering her words. That was her first kiss gone.

He simply smirked at her.

"What-What are you doing?! What is wrong with you? You can't just go around kissing people!" She said breathlessly in a panicked voice, looking around if anyone had seen them. She turned around and started walking around the fountain again, he trailed behind her. "Excuse me, I should be complaining. You kissed me." He chuckled.

"Well you enjoyed it. Again?" He offered and she turned back, giving him wide eyes.

She turned around so now she was walking backwards stumbling as he kept stepping towards her dangerously. "Well I- No!l She demanded pointing the branch to him. She turned around again and kept circling the fountain. He trailed behind her, hands in pockets. Hermione kept touching her lips with her fingers.

He caught up to her and walked by her side. "Well why not?" He asked innocently, very closely behind her neck. She suddenly stopped and her mouth was wide open. She pointed the stick to him.

"What is your problem? Stop trying to mess with me!" She demanded looking him up and down, hitting him with the stick lightly.

He still wore a calm expression. She suddenly rushed away but he pulled her closer to him, against his body. He looked down on her.

"Maybe I'm not messing with you? Maybe I just like kissing?" He said in a whisper, as he leaned in slowly, looking into her eyes. His grip tightened on her hips.

Hermione couldn't find her words and kept breathing heavily. She was flustered. They were really close to the edge of the fountain.

"Well you- Do you- no!" She said lightly pushing him away, but he did not let go and still held her.

As she walked back struggling from his grip she tripped over the edge of the fountain and he came in with her, the two were now soaked completely. She screamed as she fell in and gasped as the cold water made contact with her skin.

She chuckled lightly and wiped the hair from her face. She turned to him as he laughed but louder. "I'm soaking off.." she groaned and got up into the manor.

He chased after her, all the way to the door, up the stairs, and to her room, where she tried to shut it quickly behind her but he caught it, and pushed in. She fell back to the pillar of her bed, and she winced at the pain.

He closed the door behind him, and wiped the water that was dripping on his face. She was catching her breath.

"Hello?? I need to change?"

***

5 Minutes Earlier.

"I don't know about you, Blaise," Theo said from beside him while they looked out the window, down on a soaked Draco running after a soaking wet Hermione. "but I'm finally teaching Draco the lesson, he should of been taught a long time ago." And with that he closed the curtains and made his way out the room, stealthily.

"What are you going to do?"

"I left Hermione's gown that Pansy gave me, on her bed, and just "accidently" left Draco's suit in there too. But that's not all."

He whispered as he closed the door, and Hermione and Draco ran into her room, and the door slammed shut. Theo opened his door again and walked out to their door.

"I'm locking them in together." Theo got out the key out that he had found, and it fit every lock.

"What?" Blaise whispered back. "What's wrong with you? They'll be in there for hours, it's only the morning!"

"Exactly! So be quiet! Did you not hear what Ginny said after they left? It looked like they enjoyed each other's company."

Blaise thought for a moment at his words. Theo spoke again. "So if we want to get out of here, and want the portal to materialise, we need them to get along.. just a bit more." And with that, he locked the door and pocketed the key, going back into his room with Blaise, who saw the point and didn't argue about it any further.