(CHAPTER 17~).

"Oh, well we've already met.." Ryan took his hands out of his pockets and waved awkwardly. "Oh really? When?" Alix tilted her head in confusion.

"I kinda, sorta, knocked him down as I ran out of the elevator just now." Marinette nervously laughed.

Alya and Alix looked at each other then burst out laughing. "Why am I not surprised?" Alya said. "By the way I'm Alya." She greeted.

"Hey, Ryan as you already k-" Ryan was cut off by Alix.

"Me and Alya will leave you two alone!" Alix began to pull Alya away.

Ryan facepalmed "I'm sorry my cousin is always trying to set me up with girls but the truth is-" Ryan got cut off by Marinette. "Ryan I'm not ready to start a relationship either." Marinette frowned.

"Oh yeah, no that's what I was just about to say, see I just broke up with my girlfriend since middle school and I'm not ready to move on yet." Ryan explained.

Marinette nodded her head in embarrassment, "sorry I thought you.." she muttered. "It's okay I understand, I kinda thought the same about you." Ryan smiled.

"I would like to be friends tho." Ryan suggested as he held his phone to her. "Yeah, I would like that very much." Marinette took the phone and dialed her number.

They began to chat and laugh, really seeming to connect on a friendship level. "Hey what's bothering you? You keep looking that- oh..." Ryan placed his hands on her shoulders making her attention focus on him.

"Did you just get out of a break up too?" He asked with genuine caring eyes. "No...I mean it feels like i did but we have never dated." The bluenette covered her face in embarrassment.

"Oh so like a crush?" He asked. Marinette shook her head while still keeping her hands on her face. "Is that his-" Ryan then asked. "Yes.." Marinette groaned.

Ryan nodded with a wide smirk, "you know...he's been giving me the side eye ever since I'v been talking to you.."

Marinette shook her head, "what your crazy?!?what are you trying to say? 'He likes me or something?'" Marinette put in quotes and rolled her eyes playfully.

"Only one way to find out, I have to kiss you." Ryan said.

Marinette's eyes widened, "are you crazy we can't do that.." Marinette almost crushed the cup in her hand that was filled with punch.

"And why not? Don't you want to test the theory?" He asked. Marinette stared at him, "shit...okay let's do it." Marinette threw the cup on the ground.

Ryan cupped her face and began to move closer slowly and slowly until their lips met. They stayed like that, hearing cheers from Alya and Alix. 

Ryan felt a tug on his arm, he turned around to see who it was only to be met with a fist to his face, he fell to the ground. "What the fuck!" Ryan said rubbing his cheek. Everybody now focused their attention on what was happening.

Adrien's pupils were dilated and his facial expression was the definition of rage. Marinette held Adrien back from punching again. "Stop!" Marinette shouted tears now streaming down her face.

What Ryan wanted to happen, happened. It was true, Adrien was jealous but why? How could he be jealous when he had a girlfriend and he had never even made a move on Marinette. If he was jealous, why did he always friend zone her and hurt her. Why did he? Thoughts went through Marinette's head as she continued to hold Adrien back.