(CHAPTER 13~).

Marinette's eyes widened in shock, she turned to the left and to the right then back at Nathaniel who looked sorta angry. "I don't understand...and why don't you want me to?!" Marinette said going into defensive mode.

Nathaniel stood up towering over Marinette who was still sitting on the log, "what i said was exactly what I meant Marinette, he doesn't deserve to have your presence!" Nathaniel shouted at the end of his sentence making everyone turn to them including Adrien.

"I don't know what's your problem Nathaniel, but you can't tell me if a can and can't be around someone." Marinette said calmly as she crossed her arms moving her attention somewhere else.

Nathaniel didn't like that, the redhead gripped her wrist tightly. her eyes shot up at him as they widened. He gripped it more, she couldn't handle the pain anymore and stood up to ease it.

Now trying to get way from his grip. "let go of me what is wrong with you!?" Marinette continued to try and get away, she could see fire in his eyes the guy was angry as hell.

"she said let go!" Adrien stood behind Nathaniel towering over him. Nathaniel's face had gotten more infuriating he turned around dragging Marinette along. "What we do is none of your business Back off!" Nathaniel spat bitterly at him.

Adrien's face was emotionless but he then let out a chuckle, leaving a confused Nathaniel standing before him.

Adrien took his hand out of his pocket and yanked Nathaniel's off easily, before grabbing onto Marinette's arm and pulling her into him.

he began to walk away but turned around and shot Nathaniel a wink, which made the redhead blush and turn around so Adrien couldn't see his anger. Adrien turned back around to see a flustered Marinette.

He picked up her hand that Nathaniel was attached to and looked at her wrist to see a bruise. The blond wasn't angry before, he just thought that Nathaniel was jealous of him and Marinette's friendship so he didn't take it seriously but when he saw that bruise... he became furious.

He gritted his teeth and balled his fist, he really wanted to turn back around and punch the shit out of that twiggy tomato boy, but his anger immediately turned into empathy when he saw the bluenette shed a tear.

Stopping suddenly, he stood in front of the bluenette and raised her chin up to face him. He then swiped his thumb along her cheeks to clear the tears. "Shhh it's okay, you're going to be okay Marinette." Adrien frowned.

Marinette nodded and sniffed, "I- I'm sorry...I- I didn't mean to make this a-about me...you- you should go back to the campfire I'm okay.." she forced a smile as she lowered her head avoiding his gaze. she then began to walk away toward the lake.

"Marinette?" Adrien stood there with a frown, he decided to not question or follow her because he didn't want to pressure the bluenette.

the thing is he didn't know a lot about his princess, every time he tried to talk or hangout with Marinette as Adrien she would always stutter and leave quickly.

As chatnoir he learned a bit about her, he learned that she had a sassy side from when he came unannounced and she got angry at the time of night it was and that he wasn't asleep and taking care of himself, he also learned that she is extremely adorable.

Of course he had already noticed that about her as Adrien but when she wasn't all nervous and stuttering it was really easy to see her actual beauty.

Marinette turned and gave Adrien a warm smile with red tinted cheeks before continuing her walk. Adrien sighed and headed back to the campfire to Nino and Alya.

"Adrien...where's Marinette?" Alya asked looking around the area. "Oh I think she went for a walk by the lake." Adrien answered while meeting Nathaniel's glare.