(CHAPTER 19~).

Marinette sat up quickly and dusted herself off before walking over to the sliding door and sliding it open. Chat walked in, closing the door behind him. he stared at Marinette for a while before taking her into a big hug.

Marinette gasped, "c- chat?" Marinette said from the crook of his neck. "can we just...stay like this for a moment?" Chat tightened his grip.

Marinette nodded slowly while placing her hands on his back, "chat...are you okay?" Marinette whispered. Chat noir pulled away, focusing his attention on her for again. "can we just..talk? I don't feel like being Alone right now.." Chat went to go sit on the sofa, laying his head back.

Marinette went to go sit beside him, "what's wrong?" she asked. "My life is just so screwed up princess..." Chat placed his hand on his forehead, not having the energy to keep it there so it slid off.  "No one gives a damn about my feelings, it's all just orders and commands..." the feline slouched forward in the seat.

Marinette frowned, "I don't know what you're going though right now chat, but I know that it will get better." Marinette placed a hand on his shoulders.

"oh it wouldn't...all father cares about is himself.." chat muttered quietly into his hands. "chat?" Marinette called to him. The hero sat up and looked at her, the bluenette stood up walking over to her night stand. she picked up a napkin and went to sit back down beside chat. "here.." she handed him the napkin that had a chocolate filled croissant sitting on it.

Chat noir smiled widely and took it, it didn't take him long to gobble the whole thing down. He wiped the left over chocolate filling from his mouth. "Do you feel better now?" Marinette smirked. "A lil bit." Chat smiled while balling the napkin in his hands.

"princess, what's it like to have an actual loving family?" chat turned his head to her. Marinette smiled brightly, "well, when i'm around my maman and papa I feel safe and loved and happy and-" Marinette cut herself off as she turned her head to the feline, who was now frowning.

Marinette stared at him for a moment, wondering what went wrong, then it hit her.

"oh minou i'm so sorry!" Marinette Whispered screamed as she wrapped her hands around his neck and pulled him to her chest. "i'm so, so sorry...why didn't you tell me you were having family problems?" Marinette frowned and began to stroke his hair.

Marinette could feel chat's sobs that soon turned into cries, Marinette hugged him tighter to her as a tear fell from her eyes. was this why he never talked about his family? was this why he always would visit her at night just so he didn't feel alone? was this why he would fake a smile when they would fight an Akuma and see the civilian run to their family? It pained her heart at the thought of her partner going home to an unloving household, no one deserved that...

"chat noir, just know that you can always pick your family...not only do you have a blood related family but, you can always choose one too, like your friends for example." Marinette said.

The feline stopped crying suddenly and sat up "really?" he wiped the tear that was about to fall off of his cheek. "yep, and my friends Alya, Nino and A- uhm..You chat, you guys are my chosen family." Marinette cleared out her throat.

There was two reasons why she didn't add Adrien, one was that he was avoiding them and she was avoiding him, and I think you can already guess number two.

Chat perked up "yeah... I consider my friends as family too and y-" chat remembered the video. He didn't know if he could consider Marinette as family when he had to specifically stay away from her, his fathers orders.. And they had a drunken make out session.

"oh chat, can you help me with something?" Marinette asked while standing up. "sure thing princess." Chat nodded.

"ok, ok!" Marinette said as she walked to her closet and took out a dress. she then walked back to chat "is this cute?" she asked as she held it up. "hmmm, I don't know...you may have to try it on." Chat wiggled his eyebrows.