15

When Spencer and Elizabeth finally pulled up to the restaurant, the sun was beginning to set

When Spencer and Elizabeth finally pulled up to the restaurant, the sun was beginning to set. They hadn't expected to have been in the for as long as they were, however getting dinner slightly later than expected wasn't a problem.

"You're okay with Indian food, right?" Spencer asked.

"I have no problems with Indian food." Elizabeth replied, unbuckling her seatbelt.

The two got out of the car and headed towards the restaurant. As Spencer opened the door for her, Elizabeth felt the aroma of fragrant spices hit her. It smelt wonderful and the light chatter that wandered around the room added to the atmosphere of the restaurant. The two walked in, Elizabeth looking around while Spencer requested a table.

The restaurant itself was nothing special, and yet there was something about it that Elizabeth seemed to like. It had a warm feeling to it. It felt loved, and worn in. The once plush seats were worn in and soft, and the wooden tables had their fare share of bumps and chips in the wood. In the tile floor, while still maintaining it's pattern, had clear discolouration from years of both customers and waiters walking across the restaurant. The art that decorated the walls had bright blues, oranges and yellows that brightened the room. The lighting was dim and a small candle was on each of the tables along with a singular amaryllis flower in a small vase.

"Elizabeth," Spencer said gently, "The table's ready."

"Sorry, I was just looking around. I can see why you like it here."

Spencer smiled as the two followed the host to the table. Spencer insisted on pulling out the chair for Elizabeth and, despite her objections to the gesture, she greatly appreciated the action.

The host handed the two menu's and left them be. Elizabeth looked over the menu for the vegetarian options, eventually deciding on the spiced vegetable biriyani and a water.

"What are you having?" She asked as Spencer looked over his menu.

"I'm not sure. Probably the chicken tikka masala. Did you know that it actually originated in Scotland, when a customer asked for tomato cream sauce to be added to his chicken tikka. However it's actually debated that it's just derived from butter chicken and the name was given in Scotland."

"I might just need to buy a trivia book to give you some cool facts. Are there any you haven't read?"

Spencer laughed. "I'm not sure. I'll tell you when I find one."

As Elizabeth went to speak, the waitress spoke. "Are you ready to order, or should I give you a few minuets?"

"You ready to order?" Spencer asked. Elizabeth nodded.

"I'll have the spiced vegetable biriyani and a water please."

"Okay, a spiced vegetable biriyani and a water. And for you sir?"