─ 𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"could you please take the wheel-?"

there was a tremendous amounts of desperation in his voice, he might as well have been begging her. his eyes dropped down as his cheeks sunk to the heart of his father's old car. maybe he was so caught up in the street lamps that brought him back to when he was only seven and played with his friends till those same posts went on, he didn't even notice the girl who was close to passing out on the passenger seat. 

"sia, wake up, i may need you to drive-"

"shut up zimmerman, just pull over."

the smile in her voice wasn't too clear, but he had a great sense of hearing. he chuckled to himself, the chills of the night finally grasping his ever so lucid warmth. his arm was in a state he wished to be in himself- a state of slumber. even though whenever he dared to jerk his fingers to preform some sort of comforting caress to her shoulder, he still took the small feeling of borderline pain and caressed her shoulder. her head rolling in a bobbling manner on her neck that he knew was stiffer than any of the trees out tonight.

"robert, what?"

her voice was groggy, but tinted with scattered gravels that you would find on an unfinished road that no one dared to travel on. he could tell without using his sight (small sight) that she was dozing in and out of reality. without the use of any prescriptions. just tiredness.

"robert, what time is it?"

he checked his watch as soon as he heard her open her mouth once again to voice a question, "eleven thirty."

she didn't yawn to awake herself. she didn't pry her weighty eyes open. she didn't in any way try to awake herself. she was completely alright with the state she was in. that marginal state of being unaware of your own awareness. 

"sia, drive for me, please."

his car was filled with faux snoring sounds that erupted from the girl who was just peaceful merely two seconds prior. he chuckled, as he always did- when she was near -and continued to drive, not bothering to attempt to wake her any further. that must've been a sacrifice right? yeah, he would just tell himself he was doing the right thing, and if they got killed from a car crash because he wasn't looking- well they would figure that out in hell, well, her hell. 

time passed and no words were spoken, or begged. he continued to drive through the shadowing weariness and she continued to embrace that same weariness. every other minute his eyes would flicker over to his right just to relieve his conscious that she was just sleeping. 

she rolled her head just a tad, "robert what time is it now?"

he took a glance at his watch, shocked he could even see through the drooping bags that wept beneath his eyes, "eleven thirty five, why?"

"pull over."

a sigh of relief came to his lips, and he pulled over to some side of the road- wait the right side. 

"thank you so so mu-"

"what time is it?"

he looked over at her, keeping his stare with softly narrowed eyes as he checked his watch once again, this time a meager scoff skidded off his growing chapped lips. 

"eleven thirty five," he paused for a moment, "why?"

she smiled, her eyes still shut. she took her hand and patted her lap- his eyes immediately flickering to that area, eagerly too.

"i've never done it in a car before but if you insist-"

"no i'm saying, rest your fluffy head onto my lap, you're going to sleep. it's too late to be driving. alright?" she smirked, continually patting her lap until he finally gave in to her wishes. 

he laid himself back, propping his head on one of her thighs and sighed contently at the greeting feeling of her hands running through his silent curls. his eyes softly closed at the feeling that contrasted the cool breeze whistling a bitter tune.

"this is nice," he whispered, snuggling his head into her torso, and she giggled, but didn't respond. he just assumed she was already stuck in some thought. but he didn't dare to ask her what it might be- he knew how much one could enjoy their privacy. relish themselves in their privacy.

he sure did.  

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙