─ 𝘴𝘩𝘶𝘵 𝘴𝘰𝘧𝘵𝘭𝘺, 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

when you are raised in the known small town, word gets around. it doesn't matter whatever the moral is within the situation, people gossip. the gossip fluttered throughout. people dubbed the incident as a tragic accident. but no one knew the important details.

he believed his heart should've wilted. nothing felt right for him. new york. music. songwriting. romance. all of it was simply a blur as his eyes soon became one as well. his sight was tainted, as it was that magical night his mind often replayed. his fingers recalled the feel of velvet he worshiped that night. his lips could taste the scent of blossomed rose petals. and now his tongue could taste the salt that filled the tears he almost wept that same evening.

driving felt like a sin now, and he was never religious. religion was something he never understood. because if there was a higher power- why would this happen? his hands massacred the steering wheel as did his words. curses followed every word he mumbled underneath his groaning breath.

the road seemed never ending. not the same way, however, as it was with the woman he thought he only saw a friendship with in the passenger seat. the rumbling sounds of her feet childishly kicking against the side of his car made a faint smile burble to the dry surface of his lips.

a stream of ill colored water ran down his cheeks. his mind whirled with her personality that only led her to an end. all the times she was praised by women for her attitude that never bowed to anyone. and all the times men told her it would someday ruin her. and now it had. it really had ruined her.

in retrospect, he should've never raised his voice at the girl of stone. he should've never ever said a word that began with h and only thickened problems. his mind instead of whirled, now ached with the images he could only craft of how she looked like now.

was her face painted with the sky now? were her eyes met with the sights of glowing lights and towers as tall as the imagination could build?

when he arrived, he fled inside the building. he could care less now about the curious stares that stalked him with every step. his legs now carried him, he no longer had to tell his body what to do. in the blink of an eye it became involuntary. something natural- in the most unnatural circumstance he could think of.

the hallways encased them in their narrow sides. the scent of lifelessness smoked his mind in the way he had hoped it wouldn't. people questioned him without words, but their inaudible wonders packaged in hostility still arrived at the doorstep of his churning mind.

he had to 'circle' back to now voice his own questions. constantly throughout his journey back to the welcoming counter, he had to remind himself to keep a tone of silk. he couldn't let anything ruthless slip through his thinned lips.

when he found her room, his eyes found the seat they were desintited to reside at. he sat down, his hand creeping towards hers in desperation. 

touching her felt different. he had to guide her fingers as she couldn't control her own momvents. weakly, her head turned to him, a frown painted on her lips before she caught the view of who really was by her side.

and he wept. 

he wept at how she smiled. he wept at how he casued this. he wept at the water. he wept at the frail. he wept at the light sights. he wept at the darkness.

minutes passed and he choked on his tears as the pages within his mind frantically searched for the right thing to say to her, sorry being one of them until her eyes began to shut.

"hold on for me, please, just, open your eyes baby, keep them open for me."

the velvet in his hand began to slip, but he couldn't loosen his grasp. his nails tightened around the fabric that if he could go back, he'd clothed himself in it. he'd honor that velvet and never let it go. he couldn't now. 

the crystal panes faced him now, the window into the golden girl. her smile was light, dainty and even weak. her lips folded, the line indented on her bottom lip creased. lines appeared around her sickening pale face and he couldn't stop whatever was truly happening.

 "please, let go." 

he shook his head, her hand becoming a cup for fallen tears. 

"no, no i'm not, i'm not, i'm never letting go."

he couldn't remember anymore. the only thing that stuck in his mind was a monotone sound of underground. 

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙