─ 𝘴𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘺 𝘶𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

no words were spoken. his eyes only followed her pupils and their actions. they were soft- nothing too piercing or harsh.

moments passed where the only movements were the flickering of their eyes onto another line on the others face. awkward couldn't be good to describe the scene that played out in front of them, captivating perhaps might work.

he leaned in, his hand bringing soft caresses lips to her cheek that brought him to the hazes of southern california. the pad of his thumb brushed over her pores that he knew deep down were something she'd tear off herself if she had the power too. his fingers sketched lace like patterns all over the crimson apples that perched on her face.

"w-what're you doing?" she never meant to sound so stern, so questioning. but she had to ask, had to listen to herself when he continually caressed her cheek and sent nerves piling in her stomach.

his eyes shrilled hers, his lips quivered themselves; but in cooler tones and temperatures. the sky seemed to pause and the birds seemed to spectate nosily as he leaned in, his warm breath cascading down her neck whilst he whispered gently, pressing his forehead against hers.

"i'm going to kiss you."

those were the last words she heard spoken before leaves of grace began to spin around her rapidly. the air had moved stiffly and her heart only accelerated in timid beats. speckles of laughter, light and love had seemed to pour through the gentle lips that were now on hers.

the moment had lifted her, blowing her away into some secluded paradise as he only stayed where he was mentally. the urges of not allowing his hand to fall onto the sides of her, was a strong one that couldn't be held at bay for much longer— and her actions were the ones he'd soon blame.

to him he wasn't burning in desire or that flaming lust certain scriptures are mesmerized by. he only felt still, the world had finally stopped and gave him a moment to enjoy and later on, treasure once it came to an end.

her hands loosely tied themselves around his torso, bringing him closer to her than he had anticipated, but he wasn't in any way or form sleekly complaining. he had been too nervous to make that first move, so his sense were sweltering in calm and defused relief.

and they pulled away. no struck was lost. or rather no feelings were lost about the past actions. only smiles remained. shy ones that thinly broadened across their faces only to be complemented by neighboring lines and creases.

"don't make anything awkward between us, please."

when she hadn't gotten a response, she looked deeper into his eyes onto to be greeted by his velvet lids that covered the peppered tinted glass within. she tapped his shoulder daintily with a single finger, hoping her shock would bring him back to the real world. and thankfully for her it did.

"i won't, or at least i'll try not to," somewhere hidden inside of his harnessed laughter was pitiful sadness. the color blue acquired parts of him at her words only because he didn't truly know if he could make things normal, he didn't know if things could simply fall backwards and organize themselves in the way of the past. he simply felt unsure- more unsure than he had in his whole nineteen years of living- soon to be twenty.

a tidal wave of ease ascended up his forearms, to his chest, to even his mind once he was embraced with the shy smile that always seemed too broad to be meek, "thank you," she kept the sheepish smile, flinging her arms around him as she held him securely, the thought of letting go never once crossing her idle mind.

he whispered something, purposely whispering it in something close to a mutter just so he could imagine she might've heard it. she didn't comment on it- she didn't even flinch. seconds later he regretted this, cursing himself in his mind on why he dared to say something like he did. he hoped for a positive response, expected a negative response or at least a curious one, but rather he didn't even get a response. he knew she didn't hear him, she only heard the movements of his lips grumbling.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙