Epilogue ~ Ding Dong

After the whole situation was over with, Caylus and Kiera spent the next months happier than ever. They could live in peace. This was very different to how they spent the two years before this happened because now they knew that they could overcome anything together, all it needed was a bit of communication. They cherished the moments they spent together now, because they knew what it felt like to live separated from each other. And most importantly, Caylus found his actual family, the people who actually cared about him, he could never be happier. He knew he made the right choice, he loved Kiera unconditionally and every kiss was his little declaration of his strong love for her. His instinct to protect her had never left, it only became stronger as he saw what he had done to her. He swore to never make his Kiera ever go through that again. He would make sure he would never make the mistake of losing her again.  At night he always asked to be the big spoon so he could cocoon her and keep her safe in his arms while he slept, it reassured him. Although he knew Kiera would never leave him, she made it clear these past few months, he still felt the need to know someone was there for him and he was there for them.

 As for Kiera, she didn't mind this at all. She did miss Caylus putting his hand on her shoulder though, and Caylus noticed this and started doing it again as he saw it comforted her at night. Kiera knew he was the one, he was so thoughtful, caring, loving, charming, hilarious and cute all packed into one person, and that wasn't even the whole list. She would feel safe in his arms and would often fall asleep in the warmth of them, she couldn't help it. Caylus made fun of her for this and she got annoyed every time he mentioned it. Had she put annoying on the list too? Even though there were times where he annoyed her so much, he always knew when to stop and he would always be her ginger-haired ray of sunshine, that she hoped would never see a cloudy day again. He didn't deserve what happened to him, and she did everything in her power to make sure he knew he was loved by somebody, he deserved love after what happened to him. Everytime Kiera would ruffle Caylus' hair or lean into his side, it was her little way of showing him that her love had no boundaries when it came to him. She just kept finding out something amazing each and every day about him, he was like a puzzle Kiera was determined to get to the bottom of. She still got lost in his chocolate-brown eyes, and still smiled like a lovestruck idiot when she woke up next to him and saw how the sun would turn his ginger hair golden or how she would see him stare into her eyes, but she didn't care, it was Caylus for Godsake, who wouldn't fall in love with him?  

So when one day, at a gazebo, he bent down on one knee and fished for something out of his pocket, Kiera couldn't help herself and sobbed. She was just so lucky, the man who she had loved so much was proposing to her, letting her know he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her, it was all so much for her. Caylus slipped the ring onto her finger with pride, he then lifted her head up and whispered,

"Hey, hey it's okay, please stop crying.." He had the most sincere look on his face, it made Kiera burst into tears again, he just cared for her so much, These tears were tears of joy, tears of celebration and tears of love and passion. Caylus smiled and tilted her head up, he then kissed her, pouring every bit of love he could into it. He kissed her hoping that she could sense what he was trying to say, what he didn't have the words to say. He whispered 'i love yous' as he kissed her, letting her know he was hers and only hers, that he would always be her ray of sunshine, no matter what.

They both sat down together on the steps, cuddling, and watched the sunrise. It was like the were unconsciously mirroring the day of the party. The only difference was that now, they were both much happier.