10. Virtual communication

Sotiris wasn't the kind of man that ran after a woman. On the contrary, he waited for women to run after "His Majesty". He had never needed to beg for anything. His inher­ently masculine appearance combined with his deep voice could easily hypnotise a great deal of women, leading them directly to his bed. He was objectively appealing and he knew how to draw women's eyes wherever he went. He was such a show-off but, appar­ently, most women liked that. He had learned how to use his body language and his facial expressions from several magazines and online articles under titles like '10 ways to be irresistible' and applied them in comfort, plus his awareness of his attractiveness made him feel even more confident.

Nevertheless, fate has its tricks too. Although Sotiris had followed the successful strategy of giving his phone number to the women he liked so that they can call him and stimulate his arrogance, Mary proved to be one step ahead. As a matter of fact, the blonde – but not dumb at all – woman did call him on that frozen day of December, but she manifested no intention to meet him. So, now that Sotiris had got Mary's number, it was his turn to call her. Mary was capable of resisting him, or so the man perceived it. He knew very well that this cheeky female would comply with his plans only if he played her game. And that was what made her different from the common chicks. She was a witty and mentally agile woman who above all respected herself. Therefore, Sotiris fell for Mary.

Eventually, he decided to surrender to Mary's desire. He was sure that something would come out of this story. For the first time in his life, he believed that a woman was worth being run after. So, two days after Mary's call, Sotiris finally made his move. He used Alex's help to find Mary's profile on social media and then sent her a friend request, which she accepted. Weird though it may seem, the Internet was a determinative con­tributor to the growth of the romance. Mary and Sotiris started exchanging messages al­most daily, on the initiative of both of them. Since they found they had many things in common and there was chemistry between them as well – at least through a screen –, they decided to meet in person.

***************************************************

Author's Note

Hello, everyone! Thanks for checking out my story! The next chapter will be about Mary and Sotiris' first date. If you like "Situationship" so far, please support me with your vote. It would also be awesome to know what you think of the story so far. Do you like my personal style of writing?