6. Friendly talk

In the meantime, Irene was still incensed. The previous night, which she was going to spend with an incredibly charming man, turned out to be a disaster. While their date was delightful, things went wrong when they went to Sotiris' house, resulting in the girl leaving in a hurry. Back home, she was so nervous that she didn't manage to sleep a wink.

Although this is how it was, Sotiris wouldn't get out of her mind. She wanted him so badly even though he was a jerk. Sotiris was a hell of a man: tender, sensual, sexy and exceptionally good-looking. Irene had been longing to get together with him for quite a period. And voilà! Even if it had been foretold by a fortune-teller, Irene couldn't possibly have imagined the least part of Sotiris' skill of giving physical satisfaction to a woman. However, she had got over-excited and she had a crisis when he called her by another name.

She had to narrate the events to someone, otherwise she wouldn't calm down. She searched for Jacob's number, who was her best friend, and called him.

"Hello?" he responded.

"Hey, bro!"

"What's up, girl?" he asked his friend affectionately, as if she were standing before him.

"I'm pissed off, actually!"

"No way that you're more pissed than I am!" Jacob joked. "But what's wrong with you anyway? Didn't last night go well?"

"What can I say? It was a disaster!"

"Who hurt you? Who must I spank?" he teased her.

"What a knight! Watch your skirt, Jake!"

"Ha ha! My favourite piece of clothing!" replied the boy sarcastically. "Will you tell me what happened?" he asked, then, seriously.

"As I told you, I met Sotiris..."

"Get out of here! I hadn't understood that! You've mentioned it only one hundred and eighty-five times!" said Jacob ironically.

"Don't interrupt me. I'm losing coherence."

"Oh, excuse me, Miss. Please continue."

"Well, at first it was going really well... We did it! And generally speaking there was a lot of passion..."

"Great!"

"Yeah, it was. It's just that, he screwed it up for good later!"

"Why's that?"

"He forgot my name!"

"Ha ha! Really?" the boy laughed.

"Yes... And stop laughing! It wasn't funny at all to be called 'Ismene'!"

"He can't have called you Ismene! It's so idiotic! Ha ha ha!"

"Jacob!" pleased Irene, disturbed by his attitude.

"Well, at least he remembered that the name begins with an 'I'!" Jacob laughed.

"Don't defend him!"

"And what happened next? I mean, after he renamed you?"

"I got mad and left," responded Irene.

"Seriously? For what reason?"

"Jacob, haven't you been listening to what I've been telling you?" the girl cried out indignantly.

"I have. I just don't think it was serious enough..."

"I shouldn't have told you. My mistake," said Irene slightly offended.

"Okay, fine... It makes sense that you got mad. But you didn't have to leave. You could've had a little more fun before ending the date..."

"Don't pick on me. I'm not in the mood."

"That makes two of us."

"Judging from your comments, I disagree!"

"Then don't judge from my comments!" he mocked her.

"Oh, I am sick of you..."

"Tell me about it!"

"Come on, stop it! Is it so hard for you to have a serious conversation with me?"

"Fine, you're right. I'm stopping it," said Jacob sluggishly. "You know I love you, right?"

"I do!" replied Irene and for the first time that day she smiled.