~ Chapter 4 ~

Two weeks went by and you've settled into your rigorous academic schedule. Once you make a complete schedule, you always try not stray away from it so you can properly follow a routine. This would help you always finish assignments on time and have enough time available to effectively study for exams.

You were on your way to the library as you only had two classes today. As you were walking, you heard someone call your name from one of the tables in the lounge. And of course, it was Taehyung lightly waving his hand as you walked over to his table.

He stood up once you got close and greeted you, "Haven't seen you in so long Y/N, did you do something different to your hair?" He asked as he pushed a strand of your hair behind your ear and twirled the ends with his finger with a flirty smile.

You felt your cheeks get hot as he looked into your eyes, waiting for your answer. You gently moved his hand from your hair and decided not to play along, "Come on, you sat behind me in chem an hour ago."

"Well, maybe I just missed seeing your pretty face," he responded with a grin.

"Oh stop," you replied, no longer being able to meet his gaze. Taehyung has been, well, gently flirting with you for the past two weeks and you haven't exactly tried to stop him. Sometimes it's nice to feel desired by a man that looks like him, but you knew you wouldn't be able to give him the same effort, so you didn't flirt back.

After a few seconds of silence, Taehyung spoke again, "So," he said to get your attention, "Are you busy right now? I was planning to go out for dinner but I could use company."

"Your friends are busy?" You asked, hoping he'd change his mind about asking you.

Taehyung groaned as he threw his head back. He looked back at you with an exaggerated sigh. He leaned forward towards your left ear as your face turned red at the feeling of his breath on your neck, "Maybe I didn't want to get dinner with them," he whispered.

You tried to quietly take a deep breath, not wanting to let him know about his effect on you but also needing to calm yourself before responding. You awkwardly giggle before answering, "Um I'm sorry but I really can't. Not today at least. I already have—"

"Y/N?" You were interrupted by the voice of Jungkook coming over to you. Taehyung took a step back from you as Jungkook joined you two. "It's 5:30, what are you doing here?"

Taehyung raised an eyebrow at you, "Is this why you can't get dinner with me?" He asked while pointing at Jungkook.

"I have a name," Jungkook stated as he rolled his eyes at Taehyung.

You forced a smile, not knowing why there was so much tension already between them, "Um yea, Jungkook, this is Taehyung. Taehyung, this is Jungkook."

"Yeah I know, him and Jimin always decide that my dorm is the best place to loudly talk almost every day."

"It's Jimin's dorm too, if you have a problem with it, you should talk to him about it," Taehyung replied with a shrug, causing Jungkook's glare to intensify. "Oh chill out, Kookie," Taehyung said as he lightly hit Jungkook's shoulder, causing Jungkook to scowl at him. "Don't hate us for having fun in college."

"You can't call me that."

Taehyung put his hands up, "All right then, Jungkook. I'll refrain, but is there a nickname I'm allowed to call you?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes and was about to walk off but stopped when he heard someone call both his and Taehyung's names.

You turned to see someone quickly walking towards you guys, hoping he can ease the situation and that he doesn't cause more problems. Based on Jungkook's unimpressed face, seeing the man give Taehyung a side hug, and the pink hair, you concluded that this was Jimin.

"Oh hi! I haven't met you yet, I'm Jimin," he introduced himself as he took his hand off of Taehyung's shoulders and reached out to you.

You shook his hand as you said your name, "I met Taehyung in class two weeks ago and Jungkook and I have been friends since high school," you added for context.

"Ahh, wow Jungkook, all of your friends are so pretty." Jimin said smiling at you.

"Oh thank you," you smiled back, questioning which other friends he was referring to.

Jungkook clarified, "He met Hoseok when we were moving in."

You nodded as you turned back to Jimin, who moved closer to Jungkook and put his hand on his shoulder, "Don't worry, Kookie, I still think you're the prettiest."

You and Taehyung exchanged shocked looks but you quickly turned to see Jungkook stutter with his response as his ears slightly turned pink.

"Um, anyway." You spoke, trying to change the topic since Jungkook became noticeably uncomfortable. "I was just heading to the library but stopped to talk to Taehyung for a bit so I should probably get going."

Jungkook looked at you, surprised you went off schedule just to talk to someone, "Wow, uh yeah you need to study, no point in wasting time, right? I should get going, too."

You laughed nervously, "Yeah you're right." You gave Jungkook a slight hug, "I'll talk to you later tonight, have fun with Hoseok!" You faced Taehyung and Jimin to say goodbye and waved before you walked off.

Jimin's eyes widened, "You know I was going to ask Taehyung to spend dinner with me since Yoongi is all busy tonight, but kinda wanna go with Jungkook instead now."

Taehyung scoffed, "First of all, I was the second choice? And secondly, now you want to leave me for him?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes, "Don't worry about it. And Jimin, you weren't invited." And with that, Jungkook started walking away, leaving an offended Taehyung with Jimin who tried to hug him as an apology.

Once Jungkook got into Hoseok's car, he loudly sighed. "I am already so done with college. The schoolwork isn't even that bad but some of the people here are getting on every single one of my nerves."

Hoseok just laughed, "What did Taehyung and Jimin do this time?"

Jungkook looked over at him, "I don't trust Taehyung, something about him is off. And Jimin, I don't even know, he's just, ugh I can't explain it."

"We got time, I'm all ears." Hoseok replied as he drove.