~ Chapter 15 ~

It was the next day and Taehyung had his own mission today. After your date, he relayed the new information to Yoongi, who told Jimin and Jin, but he wanted to search for some records himself. Since you mentioned that your grandma hid a lot of your parents' job files and that there were hospital records stating the deaths of your parents, he believed that finding them would help solve whether or not your parents were actually dead.

It was Friday but he decided to skip his classes as he headed over to the main headquarters his and your parents reported to. He then realized he didn't know which room to search so he called Jin.

"Ah Taehyung, what is up bro," Jin asked as he answered the phone.

Taehyung's face twisted, "Why don't you answer the phone like a normal person, bro?"

Jin laughed on the other end, "Alright, alright, what do you need?"

"Do you remember which room you found the records from when my parents worked here? Or like where I'd find records from their old boss?"

Jin, who was at his desk at the headquarters, started searching for the post-it he wrote the location on, "Hold on a sec." Once he found it, he responded, "It was storage room B on the 11th floor of the eastern wing."

"Perfect, thank you!"

"Wait Taehyung," Jin spoke before Taehyung could hang up, "If you're gonna look for records, I'm free and already here. Yoongi's also supposed to come in an hour, we can all look together."

Taehyung sighed, "Normally I would love that, but I think I need to do this on my own. I'll call if I need anything though. Bye!"

With that, Taehyung hung up the phone and headed over to the storage room. He made sure no one was around as he quickly entered and shut the door. He looked around since he had to decide where to begin, but then he realized that he's never been in this room before. Even after Jimin and Jin found records here, they never thought to keep searching. He decided to begin on the left side of the room and got started.

After an hour of looking at useless files, he finally moved on to the cabinets near the window. After searching through all of them, he noticed the last one was locked with a combination lock. He sat down, already so tired of finding nothing. He took a deep breath and tried to think of combinations.

He tried a bunch of combinations, the date his parents died, his birthday, your birthday, the anniversary of the agency, but none of them worked. He kept thinking of every important date related to the organization but none of them were working. He was about to give up when he remembered the day Jimin, Jin, and Yoongi explained how his parents were killed. Yoongi mentioned there was a code with a password and Taehyung thought it could work.

But he couldn't remember the digits. He quickly texted Yoongi, hoping he'd have a picture of the code. Fortunately, Yoongi did have the picture and sent it over. Taehyung sighed in relief as he tried to open the combination lock one more time. And it finally opened.

The cabinet was full of tapes, labeled with various dates from ten to twenty years ago. He looked for tapes around the time his parents died and to his luck, there was just one tape from a week before that night.

He quickly grabbed it and ran to his office in the headquarters. Thankfully Jin and Yoongi weren't there so he set up the old VHS player and inserted the tape. He wiped off dust on the old TV as he waited for the tape to start playing.

Once it started playing, he saw a typical conference room styled like the ones in the western wing of the headquarters. There were three people in the video, two who looked similar to Y/N and another man stood in front of them. Taehyung could see that they were talking but the audio was cutting in and out too much for him to understand what they were saying.

Taehyung sighed loudly and kicked a nearby chair. He crouched down on the floor and held his face in hands. He was about to turn off the tape but stopped when the audio started getting clear.

"Mr. Walker, are you sure about this?" Y/N's dad asked as he looked at a paper with Y/N's mom.

Mr. Walker nodded, "It must be done. They are traitors and we won't be safe if they get their hands on the information."

Y/N's mom sighed and rubbed her forehead, "But, can't we just arrest them? Isn't killing them a little too far? We have a great interrogation team."

Mr. Walker shook his head, "No. We have no choice but to kill them. If we don't do it first, they'll just kill us."

Y/N's dad also shook his head, "There has to be another way, sir. They have a son, we can't let that poor boy grow up without his parents."

Y/N's mom agreed with her husband, "Exactly, he's just ten years old, we can't take away his parents."

Mr. Walker chuckled, "Nah, that kid's better off without his parents."

Both of Y/N's parents' eyes widened as Y/N's mother spoke, "I'm sorry sir but what the fuck! How could you say that? A child needs their parents!"

Mr. Walker shrugged, "Normally I would agree but in this kid's situation, well, I've heard them talk about their son as if he's the bane of their existence, so he's probably hearing worse shit at home. Honestly, them being dead would be better for him."

Y/N's parents' jaws dropped after what they heard, but Y/N's dad was still not agreeing, "But killing them would still crush him. Arresting them would at least give him more closure about his parents."

Mr. Walker groaned as he reached into his jacket and pulled out a gun. He pointed it at Y/N's parents, "I didn't want to have to do this, but either only their son loses his parents or both your daughter and their son lose their parents. Take your pick."

Taehyung immediately stopped the tape and took it out of the VHS player. He felt tears forming in his eyes and he let them fall. He sat on the floor, leaning against his desk with his head in his hands as he started processing what he just learned.

He knew his parents weren't the best but even their boss knew and thought he'd be better off without them. He also painted such a monstrous image of his parents' murderers but they didn't want to do it, their lives were just at stake, too. And now, even if Y/N's parents didn't die in the car crash, he was planning on killing them for revenge.

His tears fell faster as he started loudly sobbing, hating himself for villainizing the wrong people and getting their innocent daughter involved too. Soon he heard footsteps coming towards the office so he quickly sat in his chair and wiped his eyes.

Yoongi had opened the door with a smile, "Hey Taehyung, did you find anything in the storage room?"

Taehyung forced a smile and nodded, "Um yeah, I found this old tape but the audio wasn't working so I stopped watching it," he lied.

Yoongi frowned as he walked over to him and grabbed the tape, "Hmm, well I can take a look at it and see if I can get the audio fixed."

Taehyung nodded as he wiped his nose, "Great, yeah. That'd be great, thanks hyung." Taehyung got out of his seat and started walking towards the door.

"Wait Taehyung," Yoongi called out, causing Taehyung to look back, "Are you okay though? You seem a little upset."

Taehyung forced a bigger smile, "Oh I'm fine, I um just gotta go see Y/N later so I gotta get ready! See you later! Tell Jin I said bye!"

Yoongi smiled back, "Okay I will. Have fun with Y/N but remember not to get too close, Taehyung."

Taehyung playfully rolled his eyes and smiled, "I know, I know."