~ Chapter 17 ~

It was a cold evening but you didn't feel it. Taehyung had driven you to one of the nearby parks and you two sat on a grassy area in front of a lake. The sun had already set so you were accompanied by a star filled sky. The moon shined brightly on you both and gave your skin a silver hue.

The water was calming and you both needed it. Taehyung laid down, resting his head on your lap as he closed his eyes. You ran your fingers through his hair as you admired both the scenery and his face.

Although you enjoyed sitting in silence, you could sense that something was wrong with Taehyung and decided to ask about it. You stopped petting his hair as you spoke, "Hey, is everything okay?"

Taehyung nodded and then moved his head against your hand, asking you to keep running your hand through his hair.

You frowned. You could feel that something was on his mind and you wanted to help but you decided not to force it out of him.

After a while, you were getting a little tired and Taehyung fell asleep on your lap. You leaned back a bit and the cold breeze had hit you, causing you to shiver. You reached into your pocket to get your phone and check the time but realized that you left it in your dorm with Jungkook.

"Fuck," you mumbled as you rubbed your brow bone.

Taehyung felt you moving as he slowly opened his eyes with a yawn, "What time is it?"

You shrugged, "No idea, I left my phone in my dorm."

"Oh," Taehyung said as he reached into his hoodie pocket and then his sweatpants pockets, "My phone's in the car." He took a breath as he sat up and then stood up.

You stood up with him and you both walked back to his car. You waited at the door to the passenger seat as you watched him unlock his door and grab his phone. You were confused to see him close the door once he got his phone, but then watched him get into the backseat.

He opened the backseat door on your side for you, "I'm not ready to go back yet, but it's cold outside now."

You smiled at him as you got into the car and sat closely next to him. You soon felt his head rest on your shoulder and all you heard was quiet breaths. You leaned your head on his and reached over to hold onto his hand. You absentmindedly drew little shapes on his hand while you thought about your new relationship.

Although you knew it was too early to be truly thinking about your future together, you got all giddy at the thought of growing up with Taehyung and having a family. But then you thought about Jungkook and Hoseok. Two of your closest friends who didn't support your relationship to the point where Jungkook painted Taehyung as some revenge craving murderer.

You mentally laughed at yourself, believing there was no way that Jungkook was telling the truth about Taehyung. Taehyung has never given you a reason to be suspicious, although you still didn't know the truth about why he went back to the restaurant, and you didn't know why his friends had a van set up with gear and multiple monitors, and he did always ask about your past and your family, and Taehyung did always manage to find you..

No, stop Y/N, what the fuck are you thinking? You thought to yourself as you shook your head. Even though Taehyung did do some questionable things, it was still pretty normal, and Jungkook claiming that he was going to kill you would be more ridiculous than whatever Taehyung's reasoning would be.

Taehyung felt you moving your head, so he sat up and faced you while leaning against the seat. He gently cupped your cheek as he spoke in a soft voice, "Tell me what you're thinking about."

You smiled as you leaned into his hand, "Oh just about our whole relationship. I genuinely never saw this coming." But after you responded, the thought of Hoseok and Jungkook's disapproval came back into your mind.