~ Chapter 12 ~

You and Taehyung went to a burger restaurant for dinner. It was decorated with string lights on the wooden walls. You sat at a nice booth and quickly ordered your food. You two continued talking about life when you noticed a man walk in with his family.

You discreetly pointed at him, "Hey, doesn't that man look familiar?"

Taehyung turned around, "Oh, isn't he that new government official?"

"Yeah! Damn, people hate him so much, it's insane! Like sure some of his policies are a little over the top but his general plans are pretty good." You stated as continued eating.

Taehyung agreed as he looked at the government official. "Shit," he mumbled.

You looked up from your food, "Is everything okay?"

Taehyung nodded as he took out his phone, "Do you mind if I send a few texts? Jimin and Yoongi have been spamming me."

You shook your head, "Go ahead."

A couple seats away from you, Jimin, Yoongi, and Jin ate their food while watching you two. Yoongi checked his phone to see the texts from Taehyung, "Guys, remember that government official who got assassination threats? Do you guys know the plans for him?"

Jin tilted his head as he thought, "Umm, I know the threats are increasing so he's being followed at all times, but not sure about the full plan." Jin opened his phone, "I can check right now, why do you need to know?"

Jimin tapped Jin's arm, "He's here with his family. Look," he pointed at the official sitting with his family for dinner.

Half an hour went by and you were enjoying your time with Taehyung. He often checked his phone, but it was fine because his friends needed help. Soon, Taehyung had a panicked look in his eyes and he started eating faster.

"Is everything okay?" You asked him, reaching out to hold his hand.

Taehyung looked at you, "Um yeah, but I think we're gonna have to end this early."

You frowned at him but understood that his friends needed him. "That's okay. How much time do we have left?"

Before Taehyung could give you an answer, his phone went off. "Fuck. Okay, you need to get out of here, like right now." Taehyung started standing up and pulled you to your feet.

"Wait, what's going on?" You tried asking as Taehyung kept walking.

You saw Yoongi walk out of the restaurant with a tall man, "Taehyung! We parked over there."

Soon you found yourself sitting in the back of a van with Yoongi and their friend, Jin. Taehyung told you to stay inside with them because something was happening to the government official.

You tried to talk to Jin and Yoongi but they kept looking at a laptop. "So, no one's gonna tell me what's going on?"

"Shhh!" Jin immediately shushed you from his seat, "Yoongi, you're gonna have to join them."

You looked over at Yoongi who simply nodded as he put on some gear you couldn't recognize. You watched him walk out of the van and carefully enter the restaurant. You wanted to keep asking questions but noticed how stressed Jin looked and decided to let him work.

You looked out the window, trying to understand what was happening but got distracted by someone walking towards a car in the restaurant's parking lot. You couldn't clearly see the person or the car but to your luck, there were binoculars on the ground. You picked them up and focused on the man. Although the man was unrecognizable, the car looked familiar. It looked just like Hoseok's car.