~ Chapter 8 ~

You smiled at Taehyung as you watched him prep himself to listen to your thoughts on romance, "Are you going to become my therapist?"

Taehyung chuckled, "If that's what it takes, I'll do it. I've taken a couple psych courses." He bragged, attempting to dramatically flip his hair for emphasis.

You laughed at his behaviour but looked down at your hands and fiddled with the ring you wore on your right hand. You were trying to think of where to begin and how deep you want to go. Although you've only known him for a couple weeks, he had such a caring aura that you felt surprisingly comfortable with him.

You looked up at him, meeting his eyes and small smile, "Okay." You took a breath and continued, "Basically, my parents were super in love and had this elaborate love story where they were high school sweethearts and basically experienced everything with each other.

They had this soulmate type of connection. And it was such a typical movie romance where the parents didn't approve but their love proved their parents wrong. My grandma always tells me about how much she hated my dad at first but he proved himself worthy and that their bond was strong enough."

You paused for a second and Taehyung nodded, telling you to keep going. "I really wanted a love like that growing up and I thought I was going to get it with my first boyfriend in high school.

It was just like my parents' love story, my grandma hated him but I just thought he'd prove her wrong like my dad did. I really thought I'd have a whole soulmate connection with him and was more willing to give him anything he wanted because of it.

I don't want to blame myself but I should've seen it coming. My friends didn't like him either, even though they were trying to support me, they just felt weird about him. But again, I thought we'd have some groundbreaking experience where he'd prove to everyone that he loves me.

And then I found out that his Saturday soccer practice was actually time for him to fuck some family friend he had. I can't even be mad at her because she genuinely didn't know about me since she went to a different school.

At this point, I'm more mad that I wasted so much time on him. Time I could've spent on myself or my friends and family. And I guess now you can figure out why I keep dodging your invites and shit." By the time you finished telling Taehyung about your ex, you could feel your eyes water but stayed composed. Your ex didn't deserve you crying over him.

You took a deep breath and blinked back your tears, "He even knew all of this, my whole dream of having the perfect romance. It made me feel closer to my parents too, since I thought I was going to have the same experience as them."

As you spoke, Taehyung brought his chair next to yours and softly placed his hand on yours. "I'm guessing your parents aren't here anymore?"

You pressed your lips together, but then shook your head while looking at the hand Taehyung held, "No, there was a car accident twelve years ago." You quickly wiped away a tear that escaped with your free hand and smiled at Taehyung, "So um, what about you? Are your parents super in love?"

Taehyung removed his hand from yours and ran it through his hair. It was his turn to avoid eye contact. He eventually looked at you to answer, "I've had a couple relationships here and there but nothing really lasted that long nor felt like an actual connection. As for my parents, well, funny thing actually. My parents also died twelve years ago. And honestly they didn't know what actual love is."

You frowned and instinctively grabbed his hand, "I'm so sorry."

Taehyung sighed, "No need to be sorry. I've accepted it and have been moving forward."

You nodded at him as you noticed him avoiding eye contact again. You let go of his hand and moved further into your chair, realizing you had also unknowingly leaned closer to him.

"You don't need to move away, I like when you're close to me."

You looked down at your lap, mentally laughing at his quick flirtations. Even after we both bonded over our literal dead parents, he decides to be flirty. You thought to yourself.

"You know," Taehyung spoke again, making you turn your head to him. He stood up and grabbed your chair by the armrests, turning your full body towards him as he leaned over you, "You denied that I was the problem, does this mean you might like me, Y/N?" He asked in a teasing tone as he gave you his signature flirty smile and refused to let you look anywhere other than into his eyes.

Your heart beat so loudly you thought he could hear it, and your entire face burned up as you had to gulp before even attempting to respond. "I think I'm physically incapable of answering you when you look at me like that."

Taehyung looked down to chuckle but quickly looked back at you, "Do you need me to close my eyes?"

You weren't able to form proper words so you nodded. Taehyung actually listened and closed his eyes. Once you no longer felt his intense gaze, you took a quiet but deep breath before speaking, "I um also might need you to sit down again."

Taehyung let go of your chair's armrests and sat back down.

"Okay, um I," you stopped yourself to think of exactly what to say to him as he waited with his eyes shut. "I'm definitely not not into you."

Taehyung opened one eye at your response, "For someone so smart and pretty, you're the exact opposite of straightforward."

You groaned as you held your face in your hands.

Taehyung smiled as he reached over to move your hands from your face and held your wrists, "You don't need to hide your face so much. It's cute when you're flustered."

"Being called cute is patronizing," you replied. Now that your hands were unavailable, you shook your head, unsuccessfully trying to use your hair to cover your face.

Taehyung rolled his eyes playfully. He held both your wrists with one of his hands, surprising you with how large his hands were. As you looked down, he used his free hand to neatly tuck your hair behind your ears and then swiftly held your jaw, physically making you look at him.

You watched his eyes examine your face, feeling it heat up for the fucking hundredth time at this point. His eyes travelled your face and soon landed on your lips, causing you to bite it. His eyes went back to yours and you both silently looked at each other for what felt like an eternity.

He looked back down at your lips as you felt him getting closer to you. Slowly he grazed your bottom lip with his thumb as he pulled you closer to him. At this point you closed your eyes, just wanting to feel this moment.

You could feel his steady breaths as he got closer at a painfully slow pace. You were surprised at how badly you wanted this but couldn't even focus on that as all you could think about was wanting to feel his lips on yours.