Chapter 5 ~ Questions

Y/n POV

That day at school, I don't pay attention at all. Instead I try to figure out everything. Each different dream, everything. Me and Kanna decide to meet up after school at a cafe.

"Kanna, I need you to tell me exactly what happened in the death game. I also need to know who everyone was. Everyone. No exceptions." I say while Kanna takes a sip of her tea.

"I don't know... I made a promise to everyone..." Kanna says.

"Kanna... I... Alright, I'll allow you to honor your promise... I'll just figure it out on my own." I say. It came out more harsh than I meant, and I see a flash of regret in Kanna's eyes.

"I'm sorry... T-This is for Sou..." Kanna says as she grips her skirt. I nod.

"I'll See ya later," I say to Kanna as I get up. She looks at me.

"Yeah, see ya Y/n, and I'm sorry," She says. I walk out and head back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night, I summon Joe again.

"If you keep summoning me like this I'll have to eat your hopes and dreams~" He coos in my ear.

"Ah! Joe! God- Don't do that, you scared me!" I exclaim.

"Sorry Y/n, I didn't mean to scare ya!" He smiles.

"Hey Joe?" I ask.

"Hm? What is it Y/n?" He asks.

"Do you know anything about a death game?" I ask. He falls silent and looks at the floor. The moonlight shines through his white coat and pants, he looks translucent.

"I think you should go back to sleep Y/n," he says.

"But you haven't answered my question-!" I say, but just then he pokes me on the forehead with his finger and I'm asleep.