Chapter 9 ~ Broken Dreams

Y/n POV

In my dream, I'm standing in front of a mirror. Everything else is pitch black. I walk up to the mirror, and touch it. It shatters with my touch, breaking, and all of a sudden, there's Joe, and he's breaking. He's shattering. I latch onto him, but he breaks in my arms. And I see flashes. Flashes of me and Joe together, going on dates, doing things together. 

"You're never going to get that you know,"

"Y/N! Y/N!" 

Joe shakes me awake.

"J-Joe!?" I exclaim. 

"I couldn't eat your dream... It... It wasn't making me... full..." He hesitates. 

"Remember not to summon it too often or one day it won't get full and it'll consume your hopes and dreams!"

"...Joe, I know what this means, and it's okay," I smile, cupping his face. 

"No... No... I can't do that Y/n," I see tears come to his eyes. 

"I can't... I can't lose you again..." Joe cries. I hug him. 

"Joe, listen to me, it'll be okay," I smile. He looks at me, pain in his eyes. 

I kiss him. 

It's heartfelt and neither one of us want to let go. 

And just like that, I feel empty. 

"I'm so, so sorry Y/n... I have to go..." Joe cries. I don't really care... I don't feel anything... I look at him, and he's glowing. shattering, like in my dream. He's leaving me, and I don't care. 

"I'm so sorry, I-I want to stay, I don't want to leave you like this," He cries, holding my cheeks. He kisses me one last time, and then he's gone.