Chapter 10 ~ As You Stand

Joe POV

It burns, it hurts, I don't want to be reborn... not without them...

"Your one wish?" God asks me. 

"To see them again, with their hopes and dreams, to be reborn with them,"  I say. 

"You know I cannot have them be reborn," God says. 

"PLEASE! I... This was the first time our lives happened at the same time in millennia!" I yell. 

"I'm sorry, but... I can assure you it'll happen again, one day..." God says before fading away. 

I open my eyes after a burst of wind. A golden field. I look around, and then I see a figure in a blue hospital gown. H/C hair flowing in the wind. They turn around. 

"Y/N!?" I yell, running to them. 

"JOE!"  They run to me. We hug upon impact and cry. 

"I'm so, so sorry Y/n..."

"Joe... It's okay, I told you to eat my hopes and dreams,"

"We won't be alive together for another millennia, you're going to take my place as a Baku," I cry into their shoulder. 

"I can wait, wait for me Joe," They say. 

"I will, I'll be waiting," I say. All of a sudden, they're gone, and I'm in front of stairs. 

"Just like the ones that lead to the third floor... another floor I couldn't see alive..." I start the trek up the stairs, until I reach the door.