Chapter 6 ~ Dreams

THIS BOOK IS SUPPOSED TO BE DONE BY NOW- IM SO SORRY I HAVENT BEEN UPDATING

Y/n POV

"Y/n... I'm scared..." Kanna says to me.

"Don't worry Kanna, we'll be okay," I reply. I hug her.

"What happened with So#?" I ask.

"I don't even know anymore..." She says.

"Guess I can't blame you," I sigh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I gasp awake. Another clue. Another chance to find out everything.

I don't pay attention at school again. I try to make a timeline of all my dreams. The death being last.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I get home I try to sleep again. Maybe It'll get some more closure?

As usual, I instantly fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Y/n, you can't tell anyone about the fact I was passing out the cards!" Q-Taro says.

"Why? What's in it for me?" I ask.

"U-Uh... I don't know... but... please don't," He pleads.

"Hmph. Fine, only if you give me candy after we get out of here though!" I exclaim.

"Don't worry Kid, I will,"  Q-Taro says with a laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day I head to class and start charting things. 

S O 

Who could S O be? My dreams are formatted as some weird visual novel... I wonder why. 

Wait. Kanna once old me about a guy who was like her older brother. His name was Shin. But he went by...

Sou Hiyori. 

S O U

Suddenly something clicks in my brain. A new clue. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I summon Joe. 

"You haven't summoned me in a while Y/n," Joe says. 

"Sorry Joe... I was... charting stuff. Anyway... I was wondering, can we talk tonight?" I ask. 

"About?" he replies. Ugh I hate it when people answer a question with a question. 

"Our pasts. I wanna know what your life was like. You look so young!" I exclaim. 

"You wanna know my past?" Joe asks pointing at himself. 

"Yep!" I exclaim. 

"Well, I was 16 I went to Sonobeno high school and uh... I died in a... I was murdered," He says. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry Joe..." I say. 

"Nah don't worry it's fine! Now I get to talk to you cause of it!" He exclaims. I'm glad he's optimistic... but I feel like he's hiding something. 

Joe POV

I hate lying to them. I miss talking with them every day on our way to school. But... They've grown into an amazing young adult, and I couldn't be prouder. Hell, I think I might love Them. They're just so... I guess maybe it's that they're the same? I miss being alive...

"I know that you're 21, you're a sophomore in college, you're getting an undergrad in creative writing and that you went to Sakuranomiya elementary and you went to Ikki middle school and Hateno high school." I say. Wait... That sounded stalkeriffic. They just look at me, their eyes as big as saucers. 

"Wait... Joe... You were my... cousin? No... my uncle! No... I-I can't remember what you were to me..." They say looking at the floor. Their breaths become shaky and I can see the frustration on their face. 

"It's alright, don't worry about it Y/n," I say. 

"It's not okay! I have a feeling you were someone important! Why can't I remember... Come on... Remember remember remember!" They yell as they hit their head with their palm. 

"No no no! Y/n... Don't do that, please, stop," I say grabbing her hand, but... as usual, my hand phases through her arm. 

"Joe..? Wait you can't touch me..?" They ask. 

"A perk of being dead," I say. It comes out more harshly than intended. This wasn't meant to happen. Y/n and I both were dragged into that game. It's not their fault. It's not their fault I pulled the sacrifice card. 

Y/n POV

"Let me just... hold on," Joe says. He pulls a pen out of pocket. 

"This might jog your memory," He says monotonously. He clicks it repeatedly. The sound reverberates in my mind. 

"I didn't want you to remember with this Y/n... I'm sorry..." 

I remember... The clicking... Clickclickclickclickclickclick

Sara's constant clicking. 

I'm living a nightmare.