Chapter 7 ~ Promise

Y/n POV

"JOE STOP!" I hear Reko yell. I look over at her. The visions stop and it takes a second for the world to come into focus. 

"H-Huh? Reko? What are you doing here?" I ask her, holding my head.

"I'm here to stop him. We all swore that if we ever met you again we would- Never mind. Joe stop. We both know you don't want this. At least, not like this. Don't start with the worst of the memories Joe," Reko says. 

"But-" Joe starts. 

"No." Reko states. 

"Joe, It would be better for all of us if you left. For good." Reko says. 

"NO! I get a say in this too! I want Joe to keep coming here!" I exclaim. 

"But Y/n-" Reko starts. 

"NO! HES STAYING!" I yell at her. I see the shock on Joe's face when I say this. 

"Fine, but I'm keeping my eye on you Joe," She says pointing at him. 

"Wait- Reko- you were able to touch Joe that one time," I say. 

"We're both dead Y/n," She says. 

"Oh... YOU GUYS WERE BOTH IN THE GAME TOGETHER! I GET IT NOW! I CONNECTED THE DOTS!" I yell. 

"You haven't connected Shit," Reko says facepalming.

"IVE CONNECTED THEM!" I yell again. 

"Reko, just go- Y/n, let's go to bed," Joe sighs. 

"Okay, fine," Reko says before jumping out the window. Me and Joe retreat to the bed. 

"What was the clicking about Joe?" I ask. Joe stays silent. 

"Remember our agreement, you have to answer all my questions," I say. Joe sighs.

"It was... a very prominent sound in your past." Joe says. 

"Okay..?" I respond. Joe lays down. 

"This is not how I expected my first assignment going..." Joe mutters. I decide to to question what he says and leave it at that. I lay down and Joe taps my forehead, and I'm asleep again.