Chapter 3: Masters and Servants

"Sen-", a quiet muffled voice tries to get a certain orange-headed girl's attention but the voice attempt is in vain for the girl's attention span isn't stable. All she can do is mentally groan at her terrible fate.

"Pai...Up...", the girl finally heard the muffled voice but unable to respond. Nor she is able to move her body or open her eyes. As if, her senses were cut off from her body.

"Senpai...Wake...Up", the girl finally understood what the voice is trying to say, though she wishes to follow the voice, she felt too weak. Maybe a little bit of a nap can help? That is what goes through her mind.

"Senpai, if you don't wake up, I will murder you", that soft muffled voice suddenly turned ice-cold as a chill runs down her spine, forcing her body to sit upright and open her eyes in panic.

"Mashu? Wait, what did you mean you would murder me?", Gudako asks worriedly, a bit frighten toward her adorable Kohai.

"I didn't mean it, it was just to scare you, Senpai", Mashu explained calmly, which didn't fit the flaming chaos behind her, the background and herself are contradicting each other. Now that Gudako looks closely, her kouhai is wearing quite revealing dark purplish-onyx color armor, especially around the stomach area and the thighs. She looks somewhat of a knight, with the only difference is that instead of wielding a sword, she has a giant round shield with a giant cross-like shape object in front of it.

"Mashu, that outfit...", Gudako was left speechless, if she didn't know any better, she would have mistaken Mashu for one of those Heroic Spirits that she had seen during the virtual test simulator.

"Ah, this is, how should I say. Senpai...no, Master, I have been revived as a Demi-Servant. On the verge of death, a Servant pulls me away before I can cross over the line between the living and the dead. He entrusted me with his power, with it, I was able to come back as a Demi-Servant, yet, I still am very much still Mashu Kyrielight despite all odds. Sadly, I don't know his true name, which means I can't deploy his Noble Phantasm, forgive me for my weakness", Gudako still having a hard type taking in the details of the information that was given. She had heard of Psuedo-Servant before but not Demi-Servant, not enough to know what they are. But she would care less, all that is important is that Mashu is alive.

"Wait for a second, what do you mean by Master?", Gudako asks, the word Master finally sinks in. She looks on her left hand and sure enough, command seals can be seen on the back of her delicate hand.

"As you may already know if you had listened during the short lecture about Servants, they can't exist without a Master anchoring them to the world so their very being won't flicker and snuff out of existence. With that said, a Demi-Servant isn't any different. The only difference is that they implemented their saint graph into a host, in this case, me. Either because their divinity is off the chart to almost godlike or they have their own personal reason on why they don't want to be summoned. But you don't have to worry about me disappearing, Master. I may be a Demi-Servant, fortunately, unlike most Servants, if I disappeared, it will be the Servant within me. If for whatever reasons the contract is nullified, I will merely lose half or even majority of my power and rights as a Servant", Mashu replies as if it was not a big deal to her at all.

Suddenly, a blue hologram pops up beside them, revealing the figure of Dr. Romani Archaman, who seems desperate for both of their response.

"Hello!? Can anyone hear me? This is Dr. Roman of Chaldea, please respond back if you can hear me!", Gudako almost fall backward when she was startled while Mashu kept a calm composure and answered back.

"Mashu Kyrielight, responding back to Chaldea! I and Gudako-senpai are safe", Mashu stood still with her shield like a proud knight answering back to her king.