Chapter 2: Compatability

Hot. Too hot. There's a blizzard outside of Chaldeas yet it feels so stuffy around her. Emilya doesn't remember what happened or why it is hot when they are in a cold environment. Her body feels worn out but the pain was no longer there. That is when she remembered what happened within Chaldeas.

"That's right...the fire", the Central Command Room exploded and the fire was set ablaze. She has her eyes close but knew that when she opens her eyes, she will see the hellish landscape of the burning room. The staff will be dead, either from the explosion, the falling rubbles, or intoxication on the plume of highly condensed carbon in the air. Mash...She doesn't want to know what happened to her.

"...Now that I think about it", she whispered, remembering seeing Mash stuck under a large pile of concrete with an Orange-headed girl trying her best to push it off. That's right, she remembered freeing Mash but falling unconscious afterward.

"I'm pathetic", Emilya sighs slightly, disappointed and embarrassed of her downfall, all she can hope is that the orange-headed girl, Gudako, able to drag her away from the Central Command Room.

"Mikon? I don't think so", a cute response answered to cheer Emilya up. She could feel something warm and fuzzy wrap around her body while getting embraced by a pair of slender hands. It startled Emilya but she feels too weak to break out of whoever is holding onto her, besides, she doesn't really hate it.

"...Who are you", Emilya asks but her question seems to hurt the youthful fox girl's feelings instead.

"Mikon!? You have forgotten your own Servant? That hurt my feeling you know", one word kept lingering inside of Emilya's head, Servant. If what this girl said is true, then that will mean Emilya had become a Master candidate for Singularity F despite not being a part of the chosen Master candidates, to begin with.

"Though I do find it strange, I know that you're my master but I can't find your command seals on your hands", Emilya gently unwrap herself from the fox girl's tail and stood up, her strength coming back to her.

"That's a given since Chaldea's command seals take form and are engraved itself over my old command seal during my fifth Holy Grail War. I am, a homunculus designed to be a Holy Grail, so my entire body is one big magic circuit and basically one large command seal", Emilya focuses her attention on herself and lets the command seals emerge out of her entire body, red lines marks everywhere on her body into three unique and indescribable shapes. One seal covers her face, one on her torso that spread to her arms, and the last one is on her legs, two of the seals count as one.

"Eh!? You were a Master from the previous war!? So does that means you survive and got your wish granted?", Emilya stays silent, not knowing how to answer that simple-sounding question.

"It's complicated...I will tell you when the time is right. Oh, I'm Emilya by the way, Emilya Von Einzbern. Originally I wasn't meant to be a Master but it seems like fate has other plans for me", the fox girl stood up with so much energy, she might as well be able to jump a few feet in the air with her momentum.

"Good to finally know my Master's name. You surprised me, you know? One thing happened after another. I was called but I couldn't hear your chanting nor your desire to summon a Servant, me. The last thing I knew, I was here, in this hellish landscape, with you unconscious on the floor", Tamamo explained everything she knew about what's been happening in her own quirky way, by using a lot of gestures and facial expressions like she's doing a play in a school drama club.

"I see, there's a lot to explain, but before that, what's your true name?", Emilya asks curiously, this was the first time she had seen this Servant. If she had to guess, this Servant is probably a Caster. No, it screams nothing but Caster. She holds no sword nor seems to know any swordsmanship to be a Saber, the same reason for Lancer and Archer. She could be a Rider but her intuition is telling her otherwise, and she's too energetic and sparkling in so many ways to be Assassin. Then there's Berserker...yeah, definitely out of the question.