Chapter 9: Core of Reasons

"May I have your attention, my sweetheart. I have a little question for you, though it might be a little personal," a tall dashing beauty asks with his voice dripping with curious delight as he plays around with his straw inside the glass of apple cider smoothie.

"Hm? Sure, ask away, Peperoncino," Emilya responded as she contained herself from indulging in her fried rice made by the cafeteria. The table is filled with members of Team-A, out of them, Emilya had only successfully made 3 friends.

The passionate yet mysterious man with an interesting taste in fashion, Peperoncino Scandanavia.

The ever-so-serious maiden, who is surprisingly shy and timid and has a big interest in romance, Ophelia Pharmsolone.

A ball of negativity yet possesses an iron will. Mythology enthusiast and an avid reader, though timider than Ophelia is and very aware of his surroundings to the point it becomes unhealthy, he's a nice guy at heart. Kadoc Zemlupus.

"I heard you won a holy grail war from Chaldea's staff, I was just interested at what kind of Servant you had summoned and what your thought on them is," he said it with so much glee as if he was expecting her to spills some beans about a possible romantic relationship. Ophelia decided to join in as well since it is also interested her.

"I am also curious as well. When I asked to explain it in further detail from one of the staff, all they said is that 'it is complicated for it did not happen over here.' Is the info confidential? If I remember correctly, only the higher up and the clock tower know about your personal life story right?" Ophelia asks calmly yet words came out in rapid-fire too fast for a normal human to understand properly.

"Ah yes, I guess it is confidential. But if it is about my Servant, then it should be fine. Do you also want to hear it, Kadoc? Maybe it will give you some idea on how to deal with your Servant," Emilya offered to the quiet boy who has his head down on the table.

"Hnn? Sure, whatever, mind as well lend you my ears for a bit," he may come out as rude but everyone knew that was just his protective personality to keep harm coming to his good heart.

"Let's see, where do I start. My Servant was a Saber Class, it was a girl dress in, well, blue dress with a silver breastplate, plates of silver armor on both sides of her dress along with silver greaves and gauntlets. Her personality is similar to yours, Ophelia, serious and loyal, a knight who is devoted to her Master not because out of obligation, but out of respect and honor," Ophelia was taken aback from out of nowhere compliment but she shyly smile and accepted it.

"Saber, huh..." Kadoc mumbled, a bit jealous but he could understand why. Emilya may look like a harmless overworking staff member but with the way she holds herself, she's like a war veteran, even if she doesn't realize it. Kadoc isn't oblivious, he's been observing and judging people his entire life, and he can tell Emilya can easily sustain a Knight Class Servant without any trouble, heck she could probably even tame a Berserker.

"Ooo, a devoted and loyal knight? How romantic, a knight who protects the princess from other sinister men and women. I always like stories like that, it hit me personally to my SOUL! Hahaha!" Peperoncino laughs in hysterical joy.

"As much as I want to indulge in your fantasy, Pepe, but I already had a lover. Saber is more like my family than a love interest. It was nice having her around until I realize that I'm still in a war. I had lost everything in those endless nights, including my Servant, my lover, and my own self. The only reason I won is that I never give up, I team up with ally Servant to fight, and I fight Servant by myself with nothing but my own raw ability and power. But most of all, I fight, so I can save my beloved. In the end, here I am," the mood around the table had become sour, not even Pepe, who is usually very enthusiastic and radiating, decided not to say anything. He just looks at Emillya with a stoic face, probably thinking about what to say.