Chapter 6- Ego

After having been forced to shake hands with the grinning demon, you couldn't help but want to wash your hands. It sounded less offensive in your head then when you had said it outloud. Your comment had been completely ignorant and uncalled for, earning you a loud growl, followed by a smack to the side of your head.

Now, you had a throbbing headache, and absolutely no way to get yourself out of this situation. 

He had said something after that though, but you couldn't quite recall what it was. It was something along the lines of, "Little......little fuckin prick....", but that blow to the head had caused his words to become fuzzy as your ears rang out, drowning every bit of noise that would have been heard after.

Bendy was surprisingly dormant around you, and having to spend so much time in his presence made you realize that maybe he wasn't so bad. The only time he had really hurt you, was after you had made the rude comment about his ink being repulsive. If you were including the multiple actions before you made the deal, then this would most definitely not be true. Those had been under different circumstances, so they were hardly acknowledged anymore.

Yes....You were definitely still afraid of him, who wouldn't be? He was extremely tall, his evil and malicious appearance scaring the shit out of you every time you saw him, no matter what state or mood he was in. The demon hardly had to try in order to scare you, the feeling of disappointment rushing in at the thought of him and his advantages. You weren't disappointed in him, however, the feeling was towards yourself. Bendy was a predator, living off of his intimidation and his ego. If he were to be walking down one of the hallways, any creature that caught sight of him would immediately run in the opposite direction. If they were lucky, they would be able to get away before the demon sliced them in half.

He had to keep his reputation at its highest. The ink demon was the ruler of this hellhole, and he intended to be a proud, and feared one. Although he would never be able to get out of the old studio, one of his few desires consisted of keeping himself cold, for if anything else were to cross his path, his heartless and distant demeanor would keep them running even faster. The idea of Bendy being completely merciless and cruel, would help him to make sure that no creature ever tried to find something good in him. It caused even more hopelessness, and the demon would always be there to revel in their sorrow.

Did they all seriously think that Bendy would save them? They were idiots, that much was clear. One of the most idiotic and stubborn of them all, would be Sammy Lawrence. That man seemed to TRULY believe that he would be saved one day, and that Bendy was the only one capable of doing that. He would one day be very disappointed to find out that the one demon that he was counting on, would never save him.

Even if he wanted to, he never wielded the power to do anything as miraculous as that. He could summon searchers upon demand, but he could not free the trapped souls that had lost their sanity down here years ago.

Bendy had killed quite a few of the animators, turning them into ink covered blobs that would be cursed to forever search for a way out. He would be lying if he told you it wasn't amusing....Watching them scribble on the walls, writing small messages, in hopes that someone would hear their cries. Some of them completely gave up on freedom, and instead opened their minds to Sammy's preaching, listening intently on what that deranged prophet believed would please their "savoir".

It was interesting, to say the least...

The music director did a surprisingly good job with getting his message across. Soon enough, the creatures began to believe in the same things as Sammy. The only thing that stopped the ink demon from speaking the truth, was the fact that having all of these creatures believe in his power, had completely turned the studio around in his favor.

Finding Henry when he had walked in had been childsplay. Bendy's control over so many people had gotten him obsessed with being on top. There had always been at least one pair of eyes on Henry, and that advantage had given Bendy all of the much needed opportunity.

Having so many of his "followers" roaming throughout the studio had been exactly what he needed to hunt down Henry,  finally forcing the man to pay the horrible price for abandoning the once lively cartoons. The poor man hadn't been given any time to scream, before he was dragged into the abyss, imprisoned just as everyone else had been. There had been a couple souls, thinking that maybe Bendy would feel guilty after killing everyone who had cared dearly for him in the past.......But when they looked up at his wicked grin, everything they had hoped to see, was not there. 

His evil smile alone had proved, that every bit of hope and faith, that life would get better, was not worth hoping for. The joyous and happy days were long gone....

So when he had smacked your head with his claws, he didn't feel anything other than sadistic glee.....and that's what chased away the guilt every single time. He had felt pain and misery for over 30 years, so taking a life, or smacking someone, was hardly even one tenth of the HELL that he had endured.

The demon figured that you could take the aggressive action, his mind overfilled with the memories of being left behind. He had assumed wrong, looking down at you to see that you had been crying silently, holding onto your throbbing head. You were not nearly as resilient as some of the other animators. He had growled at the girl, watching her with his creepy grin as she retreated back into the small bedroom she had woken in.

Yeah.....he was more than willing to hurt people, if it meant that he could keep his big ego climbing even higher.......

After all, he had gone through MUCH worse than anyone else ever had.