Chapter 16- Pleasant company

Hope you all had a nice thanksgiving, although I'm pretty late, and happy holidays! I've been pretty busy with school, but here's a chapter for ya!

"(Y/n), why are you smiling like that again?"

The demon broke your train of thought yet again, and you hadn't even realized that you spaced out. It had happened quite a few times since you had returned to the lounge with Bendy. The two of you were on the couch, sitting beside one another.

Looking over to see that Bendy was concerned, you cleared your throat awkwardly. "Erm...sorry, I must've spaced out again." The toon wasn't very convinced with your answer, and his expression made that very clear to you as he frowned. 

"You've used that excuse before, and I'm getting pretty tired of hearing it. If something is bothering you, you can just tell me."

Now hearing that was a little alarming, but it would have been even more surprising if the two of you hadn't formed some kind of bond over the last few weeks. It was kind of like an awkward friendship, although neither of you had really announced anything to describe your relationship with the other. You were pretty sure that he saw you as a friend, but oddly enough, he seemed to dislike the idea of making it known to anything else in the studio. You weren't quite sure why, but guessed that he was trying to keep his reputation high.

You sighed heavily, slumping your shoulders as your little smile stayed right where it was on your face. "I was just thinking about the guy I was talking to in that weird room, the one you had taken me to earlier."

Before you dragged out the conversation, you were reminded of what Dale had told you before you left. It probably wasn't a very good idea to tell Bendy about what he had warned you about, and said nothing more.

Bendy was unmoving, and there was a brief moment of silence before he responded. "The lost ones? I wouldn't imagine they had anything too interesting to tell you."

"They were very interesting, and I enjoyed my time there." You objected, frowning at the fact that the toon thought so little of them. "They were more exiting than you had been when you so rudely introduced yourself."

The demon growled, his smile quickly turning into a snarl. "Well excuse me for defending MY territory from an intruder!" He roared, the vibe in the room being so suddenly changed into a violent one. "You may have worked here before, but this place is mine now, sweets!" You sat with your head in your palm, and didn't actually mind the nickname this time around. There were very few times where he would call you something other than your name, but there was never anymore backlash.

Bendy immediately noticed his error and turned to see if you reacted to it at all. Your smile had uncontrollably gotten a little wider, and he internally grinned at that. 

Catching yourself before you spaced out again, the notebook on the table quickly caught your attention. You leaned forward and grabbed it, taking the pen beside it as well. There wasn't much in the notebook, just a few drawings of Bendy and Boris. There weren't really any Alice sketches...She was never really your main focus when it came to drawing. Your job had been to sketch out, well, Bendy mostly. Boris was rarely your responsibility to animate, and Alice was never thrown into the mix. If you wanted to get specific about it, then that was it.

Bendy silently watched you draw, moving closer to watch you at a better angle. You didn't mind it, and smiled as his grin grew with the realization that you were drawing him. He was used to being the center of attention, and found it funny when Alice got jealous of his fame all those years ago. Being the center of your attention at the moment made that same sense of pride in himself arise.