𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐒𝐧𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐬 | ɢᴏᴊᴏ ꜱ.

THE ALGID KISS of cold air on your skin forced you out of your nap. A sleepy frown dressed your lips as you stared down at your tattered uniform, boring more holes into it with the sharp glare of inveighing accusation in your eyes. Such was to blame for your interrupted power nap.

"Oh, awake already?" said a playful voice. You turned your gaze to the man sitting next to you in the car, eyes nearly ascending to heaven with how hard you rolled them in their sockets. Flap flap flap would their wings go.

"Yes, babe. I'm awake." You rubbed at the puffiness in your leaden eyes. "How long have we been on the road for?"

"Two hours, but we still got at least another two more 'til we reach Tokyo, bunny." He grinned at your resounding groan of annoyance. "Hey, it only means we have more time to spend with each other. You knocked yourself out only ten minutes into the drive anyway, so we can bond now!"

"Sounds absolutely swell," you said, the acid in your tone dripping with sarcasm. He pointed a curve-lipped moue at you. Tried to lace his fingers with yours from over the middle seat, but the hand in your lap remained unmoving. He pulled his hand back from you with a deeper pout.

"Hmph. You can go and talk to Ijichi if that's how badly you don't want to bond with the love of your life." At this he turned away from you, the rotation of his lean body so violent you felt the car tip on its side ever so slightly.

Your fingers flowed in one smooth, somehow quiet motion. The vehicle righted itself as your cursed energy stabbed through it. Ijichi flinched as the car bounced unnaturally on the road, brought his eyes up to the rearview mirror with a hesitant shyness there. You shot a piercing look at him. Ordered that he maintain his ever-so diffident silence as you dealt with this tiny lovers' quarrel.

Gojo's masked eyes roved over the verdant green scenery flashing past him. Now he was the one with eyes close to rising to heaven. He rolled them twice. Two seconds into a single conversation and you were already snapping at him like the prettiest tsundere he'd ever met? Gojo stewed in his indignance. Crossed his arms to the center of his chest. Refused to even breathe in your direction from then on in the car ride.

You side-eyed Gojo. Beyond amused by the incessant petulance he was so frequently apt to coarsen all his actions with.

Though these childish proclivities of his were unbowdlerized effronteries he never failed to apply, there was always a side of him you could reach and bring to life.

"Satoru," you said, "I feel cold."

He really could never leave you unattended to. He battled with his pride for a minute. Irritation filling.

And turned his sinewy frame back to you.

"Hn. Come here then," he said begrudgingly. You scooted over the middle seat and pressed yourself into him. He made the vaguest sound of happiness in his throat, one you felt with your mouth as your lips skimmed his throat. The peal of brief, gleeful giggles that spilled from him oscillated reverberations over your mouth. You dropped your face into his neck.

Gojo opened his arms up for you further. S.O.P. was all this was.

His lean arms tugged you to him. Your face prickled with red heat. Half your ass sat on his side of the car seat, but the rest of you lay into him. He held you to him like he would hold a teddy bear.

You hid a wide smile into his neck. As if he could not feel that same smile spreading on your mouth with your face pressed so closely there.

There was no clemency in your body's reactions, the body he had made for him and his love.

"Aww, is my little bunny smiling? Wait, let me measure your heartbeat too..."

You whispered a shut up into his neck. Goosebumps pricked the skin there.

Many times in the past, Gojo had reaped curses of their souls with the lone thought of your laugh in mind. And before he'd asked you out on that first date he would thrust into faceless girls with your name hanging on the tip of his tongue. He had left cities and back-alleys bloody with only thoughts of your warmth as his singular accomplice.

He was glad to have you. Grateful. Would get on his knees and press his forehead to the floor in servile gratitude if only to offer you the thanks he thinks is most appropriate for all the love you have given him.

One of his fingers ventured beneath a hole torn into your clothes. His search was chaste; he only wanted to feel your bare skin.

"Warm enough now, sweetheart?" he asked into your hair. Ijichi knew nothing about it but the man was observing the younger man's eyes as they nervously flitted from side to side.

"Yeah." You spoke up for Gojo, "Ijichi, it's okay. Just keep your eyes on the road. I only feel cold."

"A-ah, yes, my apologies," your quiet escort said in a timid voice. On many other occasions you had mortified Ijichi by getting more than a wee bit raunchy with Gojo in the backseat. Though you didn't feel very sorry for him. A few kisses to Gojo's sharp collarbones never really hurt anyone. Even if they clotted his skin purple.

You relaxed further into Gojo's arms as Ijichi's eyes finally settled on the road.

"Will you let me sleep now?" you wondered aloud, speaking the query into Gojo's pale skin.

"Yes, my bunny." He embraced you closer to him. Lips to your forehead. "Goodnight."