chapter six.

oh, opheliayou've been on my mind girl like a drugoh, opheliaheaven help a fool who falls in love

oh, ophelia
you've been on my mind girl like a drug
oh, ophelia
heaven help a fool who falls in love

The girls met up at The Rabbit Hole bar near the edge of the city centre for their girls' night out. Luna, Ashley, Mary Margaret and Ruby seated themselves down on barstools and drank cocktails, with Ashley and Ruby also downing shots.

"Pace yourself, Ashley," Mary Margaret chuckled lightly.

"I am! This is my first night out since I've had the baby, I'm making up for lost time." She quickly downed another shot.

"Yeah, girl!" Luna grinned at her. "I don't think I've gone out since I found out I was pregnant with Daisy."

Ruby leaned forward. "And that was, what, ten years ago?"

Luna frowned and thought about it. "Yeah, around that."

Ruby looked across the bar and towards a group of men who were all staring at the women while drinking their drinks. "Ooh, Ash, check out those guys," Ruby said.

Luna looked towards the men and one of them sent her a wink, causing the brunette's face to heat up and she turned away. "Oh, honey, I'm still with Sean," Ashley told her.

Ruby rose her eyebrows. "You're not married, and he's not here."

Ashley sighed. "He's working."

Ruby huffed. "He's always working. Have fun moping!" She cheered her drink to the girls and then walked over towards the men.

Ashley leant back on her seat. "She's right. He is always working. I thought love would be different."

Mary Margaret sighed. "Me, too." She sipped on her drink and then turned to Luna. "Do you have anyone in your life, Luna?"

Luna rose her eyebrows. "Me? Oh, god no. I haven't been in the dating scene for a while."

"Since Daisy's father?" Ashley asked.

Luna let out a dry laugh. "For one night he was. I don't even remember his name or what he looks like." She held her drink up. "I just remember that he was good in bed."

Mary Margaret sarcastically smiled. "Well, I think he sounds lovely."

Luna grinned back. "Oh yeah."

Mary Margaret then shook her head. "You know, girls' night's not really working out for us."

Ashley frowned. "I thought it would make me feel better. But the truth is...I need a "be with my guy night". But he's never around. And I'm at home with the baby all day. I mean, what's the point of being together if we're not together?"

Mary Margaret nodded. "I get it. Loving someone you can't be with...it's a terrible, terrible burden."

Ashley suddenly pushed her chair back and stood up. "Look, this was a bad idea. I should—I should go home."