chapter three.

i can be all the things you told me not to bewhen you try to come for me, i keep on flourishingand he see the universe when i'm the companyit's all in me

when you try to come for me, i keep on flourishing
and he see the universe when i'm the company
it's all in me

Rumplestiltskin had been dealing with Cordelia for a total of two months and he was sick to death of the seven-year-old child constantly moping around the castle, refusing to do whatever he told her to do to turn her into the great Dragon Queen she was destined to become. He never remembered his son, Baelfire ever being that difficult to raise. He was always joyous and happy, despite the lack of fortune they had.

"Stop crying!" He found himself yelling in a fit of rage. Cordelia jumped on the spot, her terrified face full of tears as she turned to look at the man who her mother sold her to. She was scared of him. He looked liked he was a snake with his scaly skin, and she knew he could do a whole lot of harm to her if she accidentally pushed him to it. Rumplestiltskin let out a long sigh and sat upright in his chair, his gaze fixated on the small child. "What's wrong? I've given you everything since you've joined me. What else do you want?"

A whimper left Cordelia's mouth. All she wanted was her mother, but she knew she wasn't going to be getting her anytime soon. "I want my mommy."

"Your mother sold you," Rumplestiltskin replied in an instant. "For power. She desired power over you. Is that what a real mother would do to their child?" He didn't get it. The same thing happened between his once wife, Milah and their son; she left her son for a pirate, and the boy had to grow up without his mother and soon father also.

Cordelia hung her head and sniffled up her tears. All she ever wanted was for her mother to love her as did other mothers in their village loved their children, but it was never to be. As soon as she learnt to walk and talk, Maleficent knew her daughter was never going to be the daughter she wanted. Although they were related by blood and the constant reminder etched onto their right wrists of a star, the two of them were never meant to be a true family.

Rumplestiltskin saw the sadness all over the girls face and something different washed over him. He found himself feeling sorry for her, remembering when his mother left him and then when his wife left his son. His family had gone through the same thing for generations. He tapped his pointed nails against the arm rest of his chair, the noise echoing in the large room. "Come here, dearie." Cordelia's eyes widened instantly, her grey doe eyes meeting Rumplestiltskin's bright amber once. She knew she had no choice but to make her way to him. So she slowly padded her feet across the floorboards and stopped in front of him. Rumplestiltskin looked down at her and studied her face, the face that would one day bring terror to the people of the Enchanted Forrest. "I would like to tell you a story." That instantly confused the child, and with just the wave of his hand, Cordelia found herself sitting on a pillow in front of him.

Rumplestiltskin stared at the girl, remembering the prophecy off by heart as he began to recite it to her. "One day, a girl with fierce temper and a heart full of fire will learn a rare type of magic that can only be learnt from her soul." He waved his hands and three large scaly eggs appeared beside him on a table. "As she begins her training, with each new thing she will learn, an egg will hatch and a baby dragon will appear. The dragon's are her children, and there are said to only be three of them. They will only hatch for the Queen of Dragons. Not her mother who herself could turn into a dragon, not her sister who could possess the same ability, and not her father who didn't even know of her existence. This girl is different from others, and one day, she is said to either rule over the people of the Enchanted Forrest and become their Queen, or help protect the people with her dragons from dangerous forces. Her destiny is entirely her choice, and the decisions she will make will effect her future."