chapter two.

my persuasion can build a nationendless power with our love we can devouryou'll do anything for me

endless power with our love we can devour
you'll do anything for me

With her platinum blonde locks cascading down her back and a large smile gracing the seven-year-olds pale face, young Cordelia through the field outside of her mother's home in glee as she chased a small black bird that easily outran the girl. She giggled in glee, her small legs trying to keep up with the bird until she stopped in her place with a huff and panted as she watched the bird fly off through the trees.

"And just like that, you give up?" A voice questioned from behind the girl.

Cordelia's head spun around and she made eye contact with her mother, Maleficent's eyes; grey on blue and her smile immediately dropped. "Birds can fly, mother, whereas I cannot," the girl simply responded.

Maleficent scoffed and adjusted her dress. "Yes. If only I could."

Cordelia tilted her small head, her eyes glistening. "What do you mean?"

Maleficent looked her daughter up and down, a look of distaste on her face as she took in the sight of her daughter. She wanted a fierce and strong child, one that could rule the Enchanted Forest and would have everyone tremble at the mere mention of her name, not one that was pure and soft and kind and loved to play with birds—not the child she birthed. "Come here, child." Cordelia slowly walked up to her mother in fear, and the woman quickly gripped onto her child's bicep, making her squirm. "We're going to go speak with a man, Cordelia. One that I've told you about many times before."

"Who's that?"

Maleficent smirked and her blue eyes showed no signs of love, no signs of affection for her child before her. "The Dark One; Rumplestiltskin, Rumplestiltskin, Rumplestiltskin."

As soon as the name was spoken, a man with scaly skin, amber-coloured eyes and brown curly hair appeared beside them, a giggle immediately passing his lips. "Now, who calls upon me at this time?" He asked, a wide smile on his face that showed off his yellow teeth. It wasn't a pleasant smile, but one that made little Cordelia's eyes widen in horror and fear.

Maleficent straightened herself up, her grip on her daughter's arm not loosening in the slightest. "My name is Maleficent," the blonde-haired woman spoke in a strong and powerful voice. "And I have a deal for you, Rumplestiltskin."

Rumplestiltskin's smile did not falter as he let a single finger point down towards Cordelia, although his gaze did not leave Maleficent's. "And who is that with you?"

Maleficent faulted, a frown gracing her features until she remembered who she was speaking to. "This is Cordelia, my...daughter."