Chapter 14

"All Might?" I wondered as I swung the door open.

"Ah, young Okuma." He tried to smile, dabbing the blood off the corner of his lips.

"All Might," I growled as I grabbed the collar of his shirt and he yelled as I dragged him into the house, throwing him onto the floor as I slammed the door shut, flicking the light on.

"Turn One For All off," he advised, gesturing to my body.

"It'll turn off by itself. Besides, it's mine now isn't it?" I snapped.

"I assumed you'd be upset," he sighed.

"Upset doesn't explain half of it, All Might. I mean you go behind my back and lace the drink with whatever the hell, then get Midoriya in on giving it to me? How did you even know I wanted it? What if I go rogue and become a villain?" I was slamming the coffee pot around as I struggled to make coffee without using my quirk to completely obliterate the pot. "You didn't use hair, so what did you use?" I asked.

He pulled out a barstool from the kitchen island, sitting himself down as he looked at the floor and refused to make eye contact with me.

"Blood," he whispered.

"BLOOD? You slipped your blood in my coffee!?" I began gagging over the sink at the thought of drinking somebody's blood.

"The hair would've been too obvious," he answered simply.

"Right. You had to use something you could mix in and I wouldn't see... that way I couldn't find it. That way I'd have to take the quirk. No matter what," I growled, pouring coffee into two small cups.

"I'm sorry, Young Okuma. This was the only way," he said.

"Why?" I asked, sliding him the mug. He nodded in thanks as he wrapped his frail hands around the mug for warmth.

"Why? You needed the quirk," he explained.

"Needed. I don't need anything from anyone."

"This was something different. Please, I'm sorry. I didn't want to have to go behind your back but you've left me no choice. Young Midoriya and I both agreed you wouldn't accept the offer if you didn't 100% know it wouldn't put one of us at risk."

"You're right. I still don't know if one of you is at risk. What if Izuku loses his quirk? What if this drains it from you completely now?" I asked.

"It won't. I've done my research with some old friends. I ensured all three of our safeties."

"I don't understand... you said there could only be one user." I slid into the chair beside him as we both stared out the window at the moon amidst our conversation.

"This is different. There's something I can't explain right now but eventually, when the time is right, I will. I promise. But for now, I don't think nows the best time with you getting into UA and all," he explained.

"Well, that's one way to find out I got into UA," I sighed.

"Oh- I-I'm sorry. I thought you..."

"No. I hadn't opened the letter yet. I just got home from Izuku's." I sighed, rubbing my temples.

"You placed number two," he said.

"That doesn't make any sense," I replied.

"You hit a lot more robots than you realize. Between saving Ochako Uraraka and Young Midoriya during that last battle, you racked up enough points alone to enter UA."

"I don't care about getting into UA right now, All Might. I want to understand why you went behind my back and why you got Midoriya to as well."

"I can't explain it right now. I must ask you to trust me for now."