Chapter 17

"A quirk assessment test?" My classmates raved in sync beside me.

"Didn't we have that orientation today?" I slightly raised my hand, catching Aizawa's attention.

"We're gonna miss it!" Uraraka whined from beside Tsu.

"If you really make the big leagues, you can't waste time on pointless ceremonies." Everyone gasped. "Here at UA, we're not tethered to traditions. That means I get to run my class how I see fit. You've been taking standardized tests for most of your lives. But you never got to use your quirks in physical exams before. The country's still trying to pretend we're all created equal by not letting those with the most power excel. It's not rational. One day, the ministry of education will learn." I knew the man was gloomy, it's almost what made me like him in the first place. Yet, standing here now, he made UA seem like the darkest place on earth, even too dark for me. "Bakugo, you managed to get the most points on the entrance exam."

That's seriously who I fell in second place too?

"What was your farthest throw with a softball when you were in Junior High?"

"Sixty-Seven meters, I think." Bakugo lowered his head, almost as if he were ashamed it wasn't higher.

"Right. Try doing it with your quirk." Aizawa coaxed him over to a white circle in the dust before us, obviously insinuating he would be throwing a softball. Bakugo stood there, no signs of aggression at all. He almost looked calm, exactly in his element.

As Aizawa explained the test, he placed a softball into the blonde's hands, nodding for him to show off his throw using his quirk.

Bakugo remained serene, an expression I almost didn't recognize.

"Go on, you're wasting our time," Our teacher began to grow impatient.

"All right, man, you asked for it." He began stretching, almost as if he was trying to show off his muscles and ripped body to the rest of the class, trying to assert some form of physical dominance.

Before I could even think, Bakugo was screaming and launching the ball into the air, using the explosions I had grown all too accustomed to.

"All of you need to know your maximum capabilities. It's the most rational way of figuring out your potential as a pro hero." Aizawa flashed a number to us, reading 705.2 meters.

I had to assume that was just how far Bakugo had managed to lob his softball.

Everyone around me began giving words of praise, exclaiming how well Bakugo had done and how they had wanted to go. I almost agreed, except, watching Aizawa's facial expressions, I opted to remain silent.

"So, this looks fun, huh? You have three years to become a hero. Do you think it's all gonna be games and playtime? Idiots. Today you'll compete in eight physical tests to gauge your potential. Whoever comes in last has none, and will be expelled immediately." Everyone around me began frantically whispering amongst each other at our sudden threat of being expelled.

As much as I hated the idea of having One For All, I knew I didn't have to worry as much as most of the students probably were. The only issue I was facing now, was distinguishing my quirk from Midoriya's.

I glanced over at Izuku, finding him shaking and carrying out a staring contest with our teacher. I wanted to laugh, had it been anyone else I would have found this comical but apart of me knew Aizawa was singling him out.

"As I said, I get to decide how this class is run. Understand? If that's a problem you can head home right now." He gave us the eeriest smile I'd ever seen.